Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of i wasn't sure to post this in this or the Hardware board...so if it doesn't belong here feel free to move it.

Ok now to the problem.

I have a Microsoft SideWinder GamePad Pro Pad *USB*, its been working Fine untill a couple of weeks ago, all of sudden it's listned as "Unknown Device" in the Device Maneger. It worked fine at my friends computer. Then i thought my USB port was fried or something, but my printer which is a USB printer too works great.
I even made a *System Recovery* thinking that the problem may be solved, but still, *Unknows device*. I havn't used the Pad for 2 weeks, it was at my friends house, now i got it back to try if it worked, and to my surprice it did.:confused:
BUT next day, when i tryed playing it...It was listened as a Unknown device again, and i tryed restarting and it still recognizes as a Unknown Device, i've tried everything but now luck.
Normaly i would get a new pad, but it worked fine at my friends house so it should work fine at my computer. Any help, or if you had the same problem please help me,
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Already tryed that, you meant manual detect, right?
It just won't recognize it, could it posibly be a hardware conflict?? If yes the how do i solve it?

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
No I did mean auto detect. If there was a hardware conflict then no usb devices would work as it would mean that the use controller was having a conflict. Anyways you can verify whether or not you have a conflict from device manger and opening the properties for the usb controller. The status box will mention any conflicts.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'r right there are no conflicts.
I tried installing it manually but i get the yellow "?" on the divice, and it still doesn't work. I can't think of what the problem posibly could be. Yesterday it worked fine, but now i doesn't.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Ok I assume that the yellow question is next to the pad. What's the pads status? I'm guessing that either you have selected siderwinder gamepad (instead of sidewider gamepad pro usb) or the driver files are currupt. If it is the latter try reinstalling any driver software that came with the pad (if any) or reinstalling directx.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doesn't work, i'v tried everything you said and that was listend on the Sidewinder page but no luck, doesn't matter, i'll contact microsoft if i have to, thx for your help.
Btw. Do you know what a "WIndows Protection Error" is? And why it accours and how to fix it? thx alot.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
A windows protection error is where a program tries to access a protected part of memory. Windows resonds to this by closing the faulty application. Its just another windows crash. However if it is appearing whilst trying to set the pad then it would confirm my suspicions concerning a faulty file.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I suggest you figure out what files get installed by the driver installation program and remove them all from your machine. Maybe even poke through the registry and remove related stuff, if you feel safe doing so. Then hit up Microsoft's site and grab the latest software and install it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts