Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its been my experience that the more often i save/load the more often games get wierd errors, like in ff9 i cant save at moogles, it says data corrupted.

btw im talking about the save game not the game(iso) itself.

·
Blitz Gundam Pilot
1,014 Posts
try to press F4 before saving into the memory card

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I have heard from various guys about problems with save states (including corruption of games) but personally I havent faced any problems myself.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Actually, yes. One of my medievilII savestates got corrupted, and whenever I load it, I get the FrontMission3 main menu... weird. this problem also happened w/ff9. loading state #4 gets me into the third mission in FFT.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by Shadow_Caster
Actually, yes. One of my medievilII savestates got corrupted, and whenever I load it, I get the FrontMission3 main menu... weird. this problem also happened w/ff9. loading state #4 gets me into the third mission in FFT.
Actually that doesnt looks like a corrupt save state.You know what, all the save states are saved with the cd no. something like slus_123.58.000 where 000 represents the save state no. now if anyhow two cds have same no.(thats almost impossible) you will get the problem you described above.
Moreover if you accidently or delibrately rename one save state to another cd no. it will start working on other cds (as happening in your case).

I hope that clears your doubt.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've tried hitting F4, normally just resets the game (goes back to title screen.) and saving still doesnt work.

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I was playing Tales of Destiny II, I had a corrupted sstate file once. Not much to do to fix the problem other than loading other sstate files^_^; After that, I make sure to spread out all my sstates.

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Never had much trouble with ePSXe's savestates, but my experience with other emus told me to never rely on savestates too much. I reccommend using both the savestates and the regular memcard saves, just in case one of them fails.

[]s Badaro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts