Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried PCSX2 before with metal gear solid and it never worked, i didnt think much of it but i have afew games i wanna play now so im gunna try again.

im currently running a P4 2733MHZ(18x152) (can overclock more)
I run a BFG NVIDIA GeForce 7300GT AGP 350MHZ bus 333MHZ Memory bus
1Gig standard DDR (not overclocked ram) >.>

I run XP SP2, with my own mods

Also my CPU is a Northwood model, i can't seem to get much info for it. I do not believe its dual core (I dont really care as I'm more of a AMD person)

With the Info provided do you think i can run FFX/FFXII? :innocent:

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
No, it's too slow. There's enough RAM, but the CPU is far too slow (it's one core), and the GPU isn't much either.

Also, be careful with overclocking that Northwood. Guessing by it's current FSB and clockspeed, that appears to be a 2.4GHz CPU. Many Northwoods, especially many of the 1.xGHz and lower 2GHz range ones, suffered from SNDS (Sudden Northwood Death Syndrome) when overclocked with much more than stock voltage (and by that, I mean anything ~0.1V higher than stock or more, I think it was 1.6V or more?).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, it's too slow. There's enough RAM, but the CPU is far too slow (it's one core), and the GPU isn't much either.

Also, be careful with overclocking that Northwood. Guessing by it's current FSB and clockspeed, that appears to be a 2.4GHz CPU. Many Northwoods, especially many of the 1.xGHz and lower 2GHz range ones, suffered from SNDS (Sudden Northwood Death Syndrome) when overclocked with much more than stock voltage (and by that, I mean anything ~0.1V higher than stock or more, I think it was 1.6V or more?).
Thanks for the heads up, i did some research on my Northwood. they seem really crummy :( i believe i have the 2.4b (the worst of the 3) 2.4a and 2.4c seem to overclock MUCH better on the research i did.

but still thanks for the info :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.