Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my specs:

Mobo ASUS P5VD2-MX
Intel Dual Core 2.8GHz
2 Gb of RAM Corsair
GeForce 7300 GS 256 Mb Turbo Cache

I have tried some games, and only Chaos Wars and DON can be played optimally at 50-60 fps. I feel enjoy playing them. Other games I have tried :

1. Suikoden 3, Suikoden Tactics, Galaxy Rogue= run well, fps = 30-40, uncomfortable
2. Suikoden 5 = run well, except when starting to contro the character, the graphic is bad.
3. Arc The Lad = The graphic is really really bad!

I use PCSX 0.96 and also use the available plugins and some special features.
My question is what games do you think that can run perfectly (fps 50-60 or above) and also for the best configuration, what can I do?

please help me.

Best Regards.

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
I can't say it can run all games full speed since your graphics card is a low end card.
Some games with 2D or 2D like graphics can run fast on your computer but there will be a bit of lag here and there.
You can try Naruto ultimate ninja series and Final Fantasy series.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Optimally, you want the absolute fastest CPU you can get that is a dual core, and a decent or better video card, for PCSX2.

That being said, your CPU is okay. If you can and are willing, overclock it a bit. With most computer things, such as games, overclocking the CPU, say, 25% does not net you 25% performance increase, but in PCSX2, it pretty much does, so the CPU speed is priority and overclocking is more worth it here. Otherwise, at 2.8GHz, it should be decent enough, but you'll get some slowdowns. Note that some games just won't run full speed, either due to needing a whole lot of CPU power, or due to emulation not being perfect (ditto for video abnormalities).

The video card, however, isn't so great. Stick to native internal resolution with GSdx, or no anti-aliasing with ZeroGS KOSMOS, and unless the game itself in question in graphics heavy, it'll reduce the chances of your video card being a bottleneck. The fact that it's a Turbo Cache card isn't going to help, though (can you still not disable that feature on those cards?). That's about the best advice I can give you.

Oh, and make sure the MTGS and dual core options are enabled in the CPU section, if you hadn't already. It gives a very big speed boost.

If you were to overclock your CPU a bit, and drop in a decent video card (say, 8600GT or better, but optimally a 9600GT or better with prices being so low), then you'd be in business.

Also, note that frame rate in emulation directly equals game speed. That is, it's not like PC games were the game always goes the same speed. 30FPS is the game literally running at half speed, and 120 is literally running at double the speed (these are NTSC numbers, so since I believe you'll have PAL region games, it's 50FPS for full speed, and 25 for half and 100 for double). What I mean is, anything over 50FPS will just make the game actually run faster, so it's waste (unless you intentionally want it to run faster, say, for faster leveling in RPGs and so on).

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
I love leveling with Pcsx2 :). I played 50 hours and my timestamp now is 131 hours

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Can you verify what CPU you have? I'm thinking you a Pentium D rather than a Pentium Dual Core. Can you use CPU-Z?

If that's a Pentium Dual Core. That's..... Decent, but probably not enough for full speed in PCSX2. If that's a Pentium D. Well, don't expect anything to run at full speed except 2D games.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Get a better graphics card at least. I have a Pentium D with a Radeon 9200 and I play FFX on it and it will give me 30-45 fps. Though, when the screen fills with particles it drops like a rock!!

Try it out. Worse that can happen is you freeze the program and you have to force quite. When your audio starts stuttering you know you've hit the limit.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,454 Posts
Or OC the CPU abit if you have C2D you can OC it easily to 3.4Ghz which will give you significant speed increase.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts