Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing a little research on how chasteberry works. From what I read it has some desireable side effects for me, but so far it appears to be a suppliment for women. I know some religious mideival people used it, but is it safe for men to use at all? Thanks.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
So... I'm going to guess this has nothing to do with a pink Blackberry.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
As the name suggests, chasteberry (Latin name Vitex agnus-castus) is an herb that was once believed to suppress libido. According to medieval legend, monks chewed on the leaves of chasteberry trees in order to help them maintain their vow of celibacy.

While it is now clear that the herb does not affect sex drive, extracts from the fruit of the chasteberry tree may have some therapeutic effects on conditions related to the female reproductive system. Chasteberry trees, actually small shrubs found in tropical climates, produce flowers and berries that can be dried and used medicinally.
Chasteberry: Benefits and Side Effects

Supposedly, it also affected testosterone levels in men, but many articles say otherwise. Seems to be a myth like saltpetre.

Throughout my time in bootcamp, there were rumors that saltpetre was in the food, but obviously it wasn't. Though it did seem that my libido had dropped significantly. Maybe something was put into the food. Then again, maybe it's just the result of being surrounded by a bunch of other guys and waking up to the smell of feet and ass every morning. :dead:

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Then again, maybe it's just the result of being surrounded by a bunch of other guys and waking up to the smell of feet and ass every morning. :dead:
They fixed that now women are in the barracks, how long before they all shower and poop together? :evil:

I'm not sure seeing a woman on the rag showering will put you in the mood either! oO

Maybe that's why some married people have less sex than before they married?

:???:

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
There were already integrated (male and female) divisions when I went through. My division was an all-male one though. I would occasionally see the women from time to time while marching around, exercising, and doing other pointless, menial tasks.

One thing I learned well during deployment was that my standards in "acceptable" women would gradually fall the longer I was away from shore. Pretty soon, the ones that could make the elephant man look good were now on my "Yeah, I'd hit it" list. Interestingly, this phenomenon didn't occur in bootcamp.

·
TEKKEN LORD
1,287 Posts
its been said that they use it in the army to repress the sex drive , we were all scared when we went to camps in college and people told us that they put it into water , so all the time we are the training camp , we wouldn't .....you know ..... get a Hard on .

but then one morning it turned out to be a myth , dunno which part though the effects or the putting it into water .

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
You don't want to take anything that'll lower your testosterone

One thing I learned well during deployment was that my standards in "acceptable" women would gradually fall the longer I was away from shore. Pretty soon, the ones that could make the elephant man look good were now on my "Yeah, I'd hit it" list. Interestingly, this phenomenon didn't occur in bootcamp.
hmmm i think this phenomenon can be seen in prison. :p

·
I'm sexy and I know it!
4,935 Posts
This is probably why so many of the ugly women reproduce...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Lack of muscle growth/loss of muscle and a great loss of energy. Loss of libido and ability to have kids also. Unless you have an unhealthily high amount testosterone it's best not to reduce testosterone. There are generally no real benefits I know of from having less.

·
Registered
59 Posts
There were already integrated (male and female) divisions when I went through. My division was an all-male one though. I would occasionally see the women from time to time while marching around, exercising, and doing other pointless, menial tasks.

I believe your talking about "Desert Queens"

Urban Dictionary: Desert Queen

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Lack of muscle growth/loss of muscle and a great loss of energy. Loss of libido and ability to have kids also. Unless you have an unhealthily high amount testosterone it's best not to reduce testosterone. There are generally no real benefits I know of from having less.

Not to mention our Psychological state requires testosterone, and low levels can lead to poor mood as well as depression.

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.