2942MB RAM
Hard Drive:
237 GB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Monitor:
Generic PnP Monitor
Sound Card:
Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard:
USB Root Hub
Mouse:
USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System:
Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)
Motherboard:
Computer Case:

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
No. The onboard GPU is lacking (though it may be fine with native internal resolution), and the CPU, the most important part, isn't up to par either. Experiment with speed hacks, but you won't get a consistent 60FPS, or anywhere near it likely.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
It used to be a 3.0GHz Core 2 that was recommended (even that would slow a bit at some few spots), but I don't know how much speed hacks help. I've never had to use them. A 2.3GHz Athlon is quite a fair bit slower than the 2.2GHz Core 2 clock for clock. This means that with even with speed hacks, it'll just barely be pulling things in. It won't be consistently smooth. This is all assuming the GPU can even pull things off. I know Final Fantasy X is one of the least demanding 3D games, and the native resolution helps, but it's still an onboard IGP.

I'd say the best answer would be "to try it and see".

·
Registered
12 Posts
You did watch the youtube-clip, yeah?
As the matter is, I have no idea what the requirements for FFX-emulation is. But it seems the guy pulled it off with a 2.5Ghz Duo CPU, and 512 mb Graphics card.

Now, I have no idea about the settings and the consquences of alternations of mentioned, but surely there is some way to make FFX run smoothly, with these specs?

CPU: Intel Core Duo E4600 2.40GHz
RAM: 4GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 256 MB

Shouldn't it be possible to run the game quite fluently, when lots of people (on youtube, don't know how trustworthy it is) have run it with worse rigs than mine?

Any help to spare? :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Speed issues, bigtime. My rig should be powerful enoug (ignore the post further up);

Intel Coreu Duo E4600 2.4GHz | Clocked to 2.9GHz
RAM: 4 GB
GPU: XFX GeForce 8600GT 512 MB 450 MHz | clocked to 700 MHz

I can't get any higher than 30 fps in the movie scenes with FFX. That's just way too low.

·
Registered
12 Posts
latest beta? I'll run with that. It seems I cant clock my CPU any further, due to somethings I have no idea about. Either voltage, memory voltage or too agressive FSB :p though my CPU, E4600, is documented clocked to 3.2 GHz

Ok, so, I'll try the newest beta... would you care to share your settings maybe?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.