Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ancient specs was only AMD k6-2 500, Geforce2Mx and 128 SDRAM.

I have playing "WWF Smack Down2 :know your role", it works great since I play it in 800*600 32bit, pete's OpGL 1.5 in 2*2 FSAA, but have some stuttering mdec video.

.. because mine have weak specs to play ePSXe?:confused:

·
Registered
125 Posts
yes, you could play with you're pc, you say you have bad mdecs, may be it's you're cdrom, try to use pete's cdr plugin and internal spu.

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Iso is just a copy of a cd copied onto your harddrive....... you can then use the "run iso" option in epsxe to run the game directly from your harddrive without the need for the psx cd..... You can use cdrwin or other recording programs to rip the cd onto your hd...... You also get a good speedboost if you do it since your hd is way faster than your cd rom drive..... Plus the time to load games faster as well..... goto www.goldenhawk.com for cdrwin.... there is a free demo which you can use to rip your games and save them on your hd..... There are other software to do this but I use cdrwin.....

·
Registered
230 Posts
An ISO is short for International Standards Orginization. And an ISO image of a CD is a copy of a cd stored in a format on your hardive with the specifications of:
- Mode 1 format
- 2048 bytes per sector (corresponds to a mode 1 sector)
- 0 bytes headder

In short, it is a file that is a track for track, bit for bit, reproduction of a cd, including any copy protection or bad/damaged data.

Hope it wasnt too technical for you...

S

·
0 Posts
Your system specs should be just fine to run ePSXe. W/the new version (the one currently out) the recommendations were lowered to a 450mhz processor. Since you have a 500, you should not have any problems. BTW, ePSXe really is intended to operate on higher end systems.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
105 Posts
Originally posted by Dan
An ISO is short for International Standards Orginization. And an ISO image of a CD is a copy of a cd stored in a format on your hardive with the specifications of:
- Mode 1 format
- 2048 bytes per sector (corresponds to a mode 1 sector)
- 0 bytes headder

Ahem...

ePSXe ISO's are from PSX-CD in mode-2 raw 2352
bytes per sector ;)

-Galtor-

·
Registered
551 Posts
hmmm..Asz, your spec is the same as me...what games have you played on epsxe 1.2.0 ?? and what about the frame per second??

and...Athleon, your spec is AMD K6-550, well that's enough to play some good games on good emu's hehe...By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Athleon... ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
OHHH, but again!

When they are copied to the hd, they are copied in ISO9660 which is the ISO standard for a cd rom, which are the specs that i stated above. And this is the format that is universial for hardware and software.

Now with mode 2 is not and ISO standard. So technically (but i dont really care, just stating the specifics) its not really an ISO immage. Mode 2 is also known as Mode1XA. Which allows you change diffrent sector size.

And all the data in both forms is RAW.

Anywas, i make all of my images in ISO Mode 1 standard so that they will work anywhere, and are in perfect condition when/if i decide to burn them to CD.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts