Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I play Dolphin on my Geforce 4200 TI?

It's Direct8... When I try to play a game it says:

Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required openglextensions, check the logs for more info

I have the:

Plugin_VideoDX9.dll
Plugin_VideoOGL.dll

·
Registered
157 Posts
See this!:thumb:
Dolphin Requirements
Notice! DO NOT ASK FOR ROMS!
See link if you need them badly: Info about Roms

======= System Requirements =======
* Operating System: Microsoft Windows (2000/XP/Vista or higher) / Linux / Apple Mac OS X (Intel version).
* Processor: Any Fast CPU x86 or x86_64, SSE2 supported Processor. Dual Core and SSE3, SSSE3 for more speed. Recommend a Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0+ Ghz or AMD Phenom 9550+ 2.2Ghz+
* Graphics: Any graphics card that supports Direct3D 9 or OpenGL 2.1.
* Your Brain: Understanding the FAQ, Forum Rules, and that we don't support Piracy.

Note: OpenGL plugin is the best working video plugin for Dolphin, do not expect great results with the Direct3D9 plugin compared to the alternate one.
Note: Direct3D9 plugin is still in the works and has more kinks than the OGL one, so expect to run into black screen, shading errors, and other graphical bugs.
Note: Dolphin is not 100% perfect at its emulation. Running into crashes, errors, and whatnot is expected!

======= Runtime Library Requirements =======
Dolphin needs you have to have the libraries listed below installed.

[Windows]
-MS Visual C++ Runtime 2008 SP1: This fixes the "side by side" / "application config" & model errors
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x86 - For 32bit Windows
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x64 - For 64bit Windows

-The DirectX March 2009 Runtime: This fixes the plugin loading errors
Note: THIS MEANS UPDATE YOUR DIRECTX EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE VERSION 9.0c or 10 or 10.1!!!!!!
Microsoft DirectX Updater

[Linux]
-install libbluetooth: fixes the "PANIC failed to load plugin Plugins/libPlugin_wiimote.so" error for linux users

======= Video Card Requirements =======
You must have a video card that support OpenGL 2.x fully or Direct3D 9.0c.

Note: OpenGL plugin is the best working video plugin for Dolphin, do not expect great results with the Direct3D9 plugin compared to the alternate one.
Note: Direct3D9 plugin is still in the works and has more kinks than the OGL one, so expect to run into black screen, shading errors, and other graphical bugs.

Note: Make sure your drivers are up to date!
[Driver Sites]
NVIDIA Drivers
ATI Drivers

[Models that Dolphin likes]
- NVIDIA GeForce 6 to 9 Series and GeForce 200 Series
--* GeForce 6 Series
--* GeForce 7 Series
--* GeForce 8 Series
--* GeForce 9 Series
--* GeForce 200 Series
- ATI Radeon R200 to R700 Series
--* ATI Radeon Processor Generations
--* Radeon 300
--* Radeon 420
--* Radeon 520
--* Radeon 600
--* Radeon 700

[Model thats Dolphin doesn't like]
- Any Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) Chipset (These cards do not support OpenGL 2.x fully)
--* Intel Graphics Media Accelerator
- Older NVIDIA Chipsets
--* GeForce 256
--* GeForce 2
--* GeForce 3
--* GeForce 4
--* GeForce FX Series
- ATI Radeon R200 and Older
--* ATI Radeon Processor Generations
--* Radeon 100
--* Radeon 200
--* RIVA TNT
------+ RIVA TNT
--* RAGE
------+ Rage
Chip8-Emu: chip8-emu - Google Code
DeviantART: Omegadox on deviantART
Game Maker Plus: game-maker-plus - Google Code
Dolphin Cheats Database: dolphin-cheats-database - Google Code
FF7 Cheat Master: ff7cheatmaster - Google Code

:: Fan ::
Nestopia, Dolphin, PCSX2, Project64, Desmume, ePSXe, Cxbx, VBA

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
It would do good if anyone actually bothered to read the faq before posting which has a direct link to the requirements thread, rather than wasting our time with the same forsaken questions everyone has answered at least bazillion times and is also listed in the faq....

Use the search people.. ;)

http://forums.ngemu.com/dolphin-discussion/119724-frequently-asked-questions-faq-about-dolphin.html

http://forums.ngemu.com/dolphin-discussion/120515-dolphin-requirements.html

And no you won't be able to play with that graphics card as it lacks the features that are required by Dolphin, best get a Geforce 6xxx series, ATI 1xxx series or better graphics card..

Since you will obviously need a rather expensive upgrade to even use Dolphin somewhat decently, I would just stick to playing on your Gamecube/Wii instead of throwing money away on something that doesn't perform or work as good as the actual system yet..

Once sound is fixed for Zelda/Mario games, majority of crashing issues fixed, compatibility improves, and performance is improved across the board for most systems, then I would worry about spending money towards upgrading..

I'm also willing to bet that your processor (CPU) is fairly weak, considering you are using a 6 - 8 year old graphics card, so even if you could get it to run by *just* purchasing a new card, it would likely run games very slow at a snails pace considering your CPU even supports the instruction set (SSE2) needed to run Dolphin and boot games.

So you basically need an entirely new system if you want to run Dolphin acceptably..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Buy a 7600 gs agp, they're cheap, and have good support.

off topic: (Sorry for the spanish)
¿fcz_x de que ciudad de Chile eres?, yo soy de Curicó VII región, wow nunca pensé en ver a otro chileno acá en emuforums!

(in english)
fcz_x from which city of Chile are u from?. i'm from curicó VII región, wow i never expected to see another chilean here in emuforums.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Buy a 7600 gs agp, they're cheap, and have good support.
In the price range of a 7600GS AGP, get an ATI HD3650 AGP instead. It's both faster AND cheaper, not to mention newer which means more and longer-lasting support. It's even cheaper than the 256MB 7600GS! (heck the 512MB 7600GS is cheaper than the 256MB 7600GS o_O)

Price comparison @ Google Product Search
7600GS 512MB AGP (rank 90)
7600GS 256MB AGP (rank uknown, but <90)
HD3650 AGP (rank 67)

The best AGP GPU in existance is the ATI HD3850 512MB for around $50 more than the above cards.
HD3850 AGP (rank 28)

If you're instead looking to save yourself some money, an HD3450 or HD2400Pro should work good enough.
HD3450 AGP (rank 99)
HD2400Pro AGP (rank 103)

I would've added some Nvidia cards as well, but the older GeForce cards are way too expensive still.

This is the best-to-worst GPU ranking list I used:
Graphics Card Ranking 4th Time - Overclock.net

·
Registered
376 Posts
But Nvidia is so much more expensive... Search for some of the older cards yourself and compare their speed & power rank on the list I linked to above.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.