Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a copy of FFVII that I play on PS3 and I also play it on my PC with ePSXe 1.6. I have a save file on my PS3 that I would love to play on ePSXe when I travel instead of playing 2 separate ones. Is there a way to transfer the file from the virtual memory card on PS3 to ePSXe?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Yes, but you need an additional hardware accessory called a DexDrive.
Not necessarily. The PS3 makes virtual memory "cards" in the same way ePSXe does; in no way are actual, physical memory cards involved. It's just in a different file format, and the conversion of said file format is what racamill here is asking about.

There is a way to converst psv saves to be usable on ePSXe.
The problem is that you can't convert them back as signing procedure is not known yet.
An interesting thought: Are the ePSXe team interested in making the emulator compatible with these files so no conversion would be necessary?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yes it is possible. All you need is a USB drive. Copy the .PSV file from the PS3 to your USB drive and then put it on your computer. The first thing you need is the PSV Exporter program to convert it. Then after that you can put it on your ePSxe memory card.

I think I saw a thread about this recently. If you can't find the way to do it I would be glad to post it step by step here.

Just a real bummer how you can't easily go back to the PS3 after you transfer it over though.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
These virtual memory cards on consoles now confuse me. Consoles use hard disks now and virtually save the saves right on that. That shows how long it's been since I've touched a (modern) console.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it is possible. All you need is a USB drive. Copy the .PSV file from the PS3 to your USB drive and then put it on your computer. The first thing you need is the PSV Exporter program to convert it. Then after that you can put it on your ePSxe memory card.

I think I saw a thread about this recently. If you can't find the way to do it I would be glad to post it step by step here.

Just a real bummer how you can't easily go back to the PS3 after you transfer it over though.
Why is it hard to convert it back? If there is a way to make the .psv into a .mem shouldn't there be a similar software to go in reverse? Or has this not been developed yet. Or am I just missing the boat all together.

Thanks to you all by the way for the responses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.