Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know when you hold the speed up button, the game speeds up allowing events to move faster. My speedup jumps from the lowdouble digit %'s to 190-210 ish. However when I would play pokemon gold, I would get ridiculously fast speed up with the speed up button. Is there anyway I can improve it?

I tried changing the throttle to like 300/500 % but the game still says its between 190-210 and doesn't improve.

So how can I improve the speed up?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I know when you hold the speed up button, the game speeds up allowing events to move faster. My speedup jumps from the lowdouble digit %'s to 190-210 ish. However when I would play pokemon gold, I would get ridiculously fast speed up with the speed up button. Is there anyway I can improve it?

I tried changing the throttle to like 300/500 % but the game still says its between 190-210 and doesn't improve.

So how can I improve the speed up?
Set the frameskip to automatic if you want to play at stable normal speed.
If you want to go faster, play with the frameskip values (0-9) to adjust speed to your needs

VBA will always emulate GB/GBC games too fast if you set frameskip to anything but automatic.
If you're going to emulate a GB/GBC game, you should use another emulator...

>>BGB<< has auto delay/frameskip. Games run at 100% real speed and full ~60 fps, or any adjustable speed. What's more, is compatible with VBA save files.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
"VBA will always emulate GB/GBC games too fast if you set frameskip to anything but automatic.
If you're going to emulate a GB/GBC game, you should use another emulator..."

Synching to audio is better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.