Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Crotally Tazy
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i have high resolution background graphics with my Geforce2 ?
Voodoo seems to do fine in that , but Geforce2 or other Nvidia cards doesnt seem to support that ( im not sure for Geforce3 ) . What i mean by background graphics is , for example in Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9 the character's resolution is high , but the enviroment is in low resolution. Anyone knows how to enhance it ?

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
and what about WITHOUT FSAA? i mean. i have a lousy riva tnt2 ultra 32MB and im sick of those ugly pixelized brackgrounds on all final fantasy games :dead:

S

·
0 Posts
Neojag, try enableing different levels of filtering from the in game menu. That works for 2D games like Castlevania SOTN.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Crotally Tazy
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aye ?

Is FSAA only for Voodoo cards ? Well if it isnt , how do i enable it ?

Btw i tried other configures , including the enhanced filtering and stuff , but the background still is crappy.....any other ways ?

S

·
0 Posts
Hanamichi, FSAA is available on Voodoo cards, GEForce cards, Radeon cards, and, I think, Kyro cards as well.
FINALmasa, the options to set FSAA are there in the Detonator Drivers, but it won't enable your card to do FSAA, no matter how buggy, if it can't. No drivers, no matter how good, will enable a piece of hardware to do something it can't.
Neojag, you are correct, you cannot enable FSAA w/your Riva TNT2 Ultra. The options may be there, but they will be grayed out if they are there. Your card will do a primative type of Line FSAA, but it is not at all like the type that the other cards do. Pete used to include it in his Plugins, but he dropped it because it was to slow.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
230 Posts
Which drivers are you using??

Have you tried to go to your display properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> GeForce 2 MX -> Additional Properties... -> 3D Antialiasing Settings ???

·
Crotally Tazy
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope...

I tried all the settings under OpenGL , Direct3D ( well , not all but most and obvious ones ) without results.

NeoJag: Geforce2 MX's are going for around $50+ these days

·
Registered
58 Posts
Try what sxamiga said..!!! FILTERING!!!
I'm playing Final Fantasy 8 with high res. environment and characters,.. Press the delete key while in-game and a horizontal "table" will appear on top of the display.. Play with it until you get what you want.!!

Oh.,. I have a GeForce mx.!

·
Crotally Tazy
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nop

Nop , aye ... still aint workin' .
Can anyone give me the exact settings ?
I went as far as " More 3d " tab under Direct3D and checked out all of OpenGL stuff.

S

·
0 Posts
What version drivers are you using? I have a GEForce 2 GTS and I am using Detronator vers. 12.90 drtivers. If you follow Dan's instructions, the first tab you get should be for FSAA.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
What version drivers are you using? I have a GEForce 2 GTS and I am using Detonator vers. 12.90 drtivers. If you follow Dan's instructions, the first tab you get should be for FSAA.
sincerely,
sx/amiga
Hey sxamiga,how do you like the 12.90?I have them installed and they're damn stable,they're the most stable drivers I've ever installed since I got my PC(2 years,started with a TNT2).

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Originally posted by eagle1
Try what sxamiga said..!!! FILTERING!!!
I'm playing Final Fantasy 8 with high res. environment and characters,.. Press the delete key while in-game and a horizontal "table" will appear on top of the display.. Play with it until you get what you want.!!

Oh.,. I have a GeForce mx.!
Hmm.......what delete key doing???

·
Registered
58 Posts
When you press the delete key "WHILE IN GAME PLAY" and you are using Lewpys or Pete's plugins, a horizontal table with "options" appear on top of the game display letting you use filtering in Epsxe.

This is how you can have high res. backgrounds!! I don't change anything in the Detonator drivers.. just the plugin option!!

BTW I use Detonators 12.90.!

·
Crotally Tazy
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Originally posted by sxamiga
What version drivers are you using? I have a GEForce 2 GTS and I am using Detronator vers. 12.90 drtivers. If you follow Dan's instructions, the first tab you get should be for FSAA.
sincerely,
sx/amiga
Im using a MSI GeForce2 MX video card.. im using detonator 3 thought. 12.90 ? maybe ill go find that driver.....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts