Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've got GT2 Running and I've searched the forums/faq for an answer to my question, but found none. I've got it running using a sidewinder FF wheel, but the deadzone is so big it's impossible to play without fishtailing all over the road. Is there any way to change the deadzone so that it's smaller?

i.e. is there a plugin or registry hack that'll do the trick?

I've set the deadzone to be as small as possible in the controller config, but this makes no difference in epsxe

cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
In both thrustmaster's "Thrustmapper" software & Gravis' "Xperience" software you can modify the maximum radius & deadzone of any & all analog sticks. I'm betting that MS's software has the same option. Look through the help files (or install their software if you don't have it already, can't remember the name of it, but it has options like the above mentioned key mapping software).

·
A Wandering Cow
415 Posts
Is there a program that does it for you? I have a blaze controller and when u move the analog sticks a little it goes all the way...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dogo: I've done that. It's as small as it can go. It works fine for any other game, so I can only assume the problem is elsewhere. I dont claim to know how the emulator works internally, I can only assume that the joystick input levels are passed on to the emulation and the game itself is interpretting the details - and as it's not a psx controller, the details are not what the program is looking for.

What I probably need is a plugin that allows me to modify the input from the joystick before it's passed on to the emulated software.

If it's possible to write one I could do that, but I didn't think the controller emulation used the same plug-in architecture as the GPU/SPU etc.

any ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I believe GT2 has an option to modify the dead zone on the dual shock. Check in the options (i'll pop the game in to check exactly where and come back after this).

Do you have the same problem if you use say a joystick too? I'm thinking (and most likely wrong) that you may have ePSXe set up as digital instead of analog, since it works in other games and not this emulator. Forgive me for asking such questions, its just to check and see if its set up the way I think it should be. Do you use just the front end? Or have you gone into EPSXE config>pad menu's and checked if they have an analog option is correct? If your joystick works correct but steering wheel doenst tho, its already set for analog.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No probs. I did go in and configure the controller to be digital/analog(F5) and set the wheels X-axis up to be the left/right axis on the rightmost dual shock stick. GT is definitely using it as an analog controller as I can turn to varying degrees depending on how far I'm turning the wheel (I just have to turn it almost to 90 degrees before the car starts to turn ;) ). Messing around with the sidewinder setup does alter the deadzone, but I can only bring it back to about 60 degrees.

There is an analog set-up type menu in the options screen now that you mention it, but I cannot access it it the normal way (select the screen with the d-pad and click a button). That could solve the problem if you've any idea how to access that part of the menu.

I did consider simply getting used to the problem, but I also play a lot of Rally Championship and I might mess with my elite driving ability if I get too used to it ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts