Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
file:///C:/Program%20Files/MStart2Page/Portal/portal.html

Does anyone recognize this path from former spyware problems? It just keeps coming back even after updating Spybot to it's latest version and running AdAware with it's latest definitions oO

It changes my starting page of Internet Explorer to one very annoying even including pr0n... (if anyone is interested pm me for the link :p )

Anway, does anyone have any advice on how to make my system immune to this one or how to make it not come back?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Cid H.

·
band
4,912 Posts

·
Linux's worst nightmare..
1,510 Posts
What you need is Webroot Spysweeper. This program is amazing, way beyond anything spybot search and destroy can offer. I recently had some awful spyware that kept regeneratig even after using S&D and ADaware but one sweep with Webroot spysweeper and Ive never had spyware problems since :thumb:

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanx I will try and find Webroot right away, and I will check D.D's links as well. And yes, I am Dutch ;)

Thanx a lot guys, I even found out I had the Lithium trojan on my computer :angry:
I hope they didn't log anything, well at least they can't acces my bank account.... But I really don't hope it will have any consequenses...

Btw, do hardware firewalls such as the one in the Speedtouch 510 modem provide enough security, or should I use a software firewall such as zonelabs as well?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts