Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

New CoJ, downloadable title on console, budget release on PC and its fantastic. It plays like an arcade shooter, short levels, pretty basic AI, although you can move around easily it has similar progression like an on-rails shooter. It's great, get XP for making different kills, spend XP on upgrades, like dual weilding, extra slow-mo, all kinds of things.

Very, very fun and perfect for 20 bones. Not overly hard or complicated, just a great shooter to relax to.

On the 560ti it's smooth sailing at 2560x1440. If I could get downsampling to work on my card and monitor it would be a perfect candidate to eliminate the aliasing and make the unique rendering really shine.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Sounds absolutely perfect. With that sort of progression is there any actual story to it though? or is the story so slight/silly/generic that it matters about as much as the story in a Fighter does?

How short would you say the levels are length of time wise (25 minutes?) ? Can I go back to any level at any point?

·
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking great.
How would you rate it compared to Red Dead Redemption ?
Completely different approach to cowboy games. RDR is a great character journey where we more or less control progression, this is a bounty hunter re-telling a story in a saloon to some eager patrons.

Sounds absolutely perfect. With that sort of progression is there any actual story to it though? or is the story so slight/silly/generic that it matters about as much as the story in a Fighter does?

How short would you say the levels are length of time wise (25 minutes?) ? Can I go back to any level at any point?
Each level is narrated by the main character, your effectively bringing life to his narration. Each level can be replayed with the extra skills you have, so you can beat your high score, find collectibles, etc.

Each level is only a few minutes long, maybe 5-10 at a pop. There was a game similar to this made in 2003/4, but I can't recall the name.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Only 5-10 and arcade? Sounds like a great extra-minute killer then. Definitely gonna get it.

·
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's awesome in short bursts. There's Story mode and arcade modes available, plenty of replayability and uncomplicated in progression.

By steering away from realism and embracing the arcade aesthetic, they've really hit the nail on the head for an Old West themed FPS. It's hard to find games of this type anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts