Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya,

I searched and found tons of WiiMote-threads, though none about calibrating it. Though I got it connected and working in Dolphin, it seems that the cursor is not really on the spot where the WiiMote is pointing. For example, when I stand directly in front of the monitor and point the WiiMote in the middle of the screen I won't see the cursor. I CAN find it, but that's not easy and I don't think that's the way it's supposed to be...

Now, is there a way, a place somewhere in Dolphin or the inis, or some menu where I can calibrate it? Or do I have to move my sensor bar to another place...? Whatever, please help :)

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
In the wii configuration tab you can select whether your sensor bar is on top or below your screen, check that its set up right. Also it wont work right if you are standing/sitting too close to the screen

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, but I checked already. That's not the cause *shrug*

BTW, everything seems to work fine...the movements, the buttons...only the cursor is not where it's supposed to be...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
*cough* well, I guess I wasn't far enough from the sensor bar...works better now...anyway, my problem does still exist, the cursor is still some centimeters away from where the Wiimote is pointing. Actually, when I point the Wiimote directly to the sensor bar, the cursor is exactly in the middle of the screen. Now, isn't there a way to make the cursor be always 10cm higher than the sensor bar or something like that? Cuz then it would fit I guess...

·
Lurker, pretty much...
296 Posts
In the "IR pointer" field of the Wiimote plugin options, slide the "Top" slider to a lower value. If there are still other problems, try toying with the "Height" and "Top" sliders until you get the expected result :p
(in my case, this works with the emulated Wiimote)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hm, that doesn't seem to change anything...I guess that's only for when you use a mouse emulated Wiimote...ain't there something like that, only for the REAL Wiimote?

·
Registered
13 Posts
The only thing I can say that might help you out is try getting, or making a sensor bar with the IR LEDs closer together. There guides everywhere for making them, but if you just want to see if it will work before you go to the effort, I believe you can use candles as a temporary solution. That will at least tell you if putting them closer together will help at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.