Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hard to find a proper forum for this; since it's about game controllers I thought I'd post it here.

Now, the cables of my PS2 pads like to twirl... a lot! They're like worms or something. I have the thing for a month and yet they're twirled more than the cables of my DC pads, which I've had since 2001. So this question might seem weird but does anyone here know some anti-twirling techniques? ;P

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
When you put them away do not wrap the joypad inside the cables :p

I had the same problem with my NES, and almost every time I wanted to play I had to hold the plug end in the air, and let the controller spin until it came to an halt :rolleyes:

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
alright, what you do is grab the end of the cable, and swing it around like a bola. make sure you don't let go and don't hit anything else in the room.
and don't dance with it either. "come on baby and do the twist" is not acceptable controller behavior.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cid Highwind said:
When you put them away do not wrap the joypad inside the cables :p
actually after the first time I did that it was instantly fatal....
only once, honestly.... :S

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Well if you wrap em around your controller one way, the next time you play wrap them the other way so it kinda balances out :)

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
weird...i dont recall my NEs controllers doing that and i always wrapped my controllers with the cord...

same goes with my GC controllers... none of them have a twirling disease

·
Registered
504 Posts
I like to wrap them in an S pattern, like how they come in the box. But if they do start to twirl, unplug it and untwirl it with the plug end, it will untwirl faster as you can just "push" the twirl out because the lack of a heavy object at the base causes the centrifugal force of the plug to be a lot less then the force of the controller allowing the cables can over power the plug.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
i agree with VDDZ here. that's the best. honestly, i wrap them around my controller and i've never had the twisting problem. but i do have a friend where that happens to all his controllers and it's NASTY so i understand.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I always make mine look really nice.

Like this:

And I never have any problems with cable twirling. The worst possible way is to be lazy and just wrap it around your controller.

Anyways, if you're already doing that, and not just wrapping the cables around, than maybe your cables are posessed and you need an excorsist :p

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Razor Blade said:
I always make mine look really nice.

Like this:

And I never have any problems with cable twirling. The worst possible way is to be lazy and just wrap it around your controller.

Anyways, if you're already doing that, and not just wrapping the cables around, than maybe your cables are posessed and you need an excorsist :p
Perfectionist :p

I wrap mine around the controller also, the only time i didnt have this problem was with my wavebird (i wonder why ;))

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Hey, it looks good, and ya'll know I love great looking things :p

Actually, I started doing it because my other Playstation controllers and other various ones used to always 'short out' and I think it was from just winding the cables around the controller all sloppy-like. :p Since doing this, like I said above; I have had absolutely no problems with my controllers dying :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didnt have it with other controllers either... well, the dc ones, a little...but these ps2 pad cables twirl like crazy, I tell ya! :p

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
My conclusion is they just don't like you :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess they don't like having to share the desk with the dc pads.
but I'll force them to like me!

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
You should try to give them some linear RPG input instead of driving around in circles ;)

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
I use cable ties now, and I don't get this problem.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
This happens with my headfone cable....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts