Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Okama Way!
352 Posts
If your just talking about data and not installed programs then you can just move them over, select the things you want to move them right click then and select cut. then right click somewhere in a folder in your D drive and select paste.

If you want to move installed programs then the best way would be to uninstall them from your C drive and reinstall them on your D drive.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i really dont know how to do it myself... but, i suggest givin a system recovey to ur computer, n if its windows xp, makin sure u select advanced options and givin it a destructive recovery, meanin itll loose all data and go back to its factory settings, make sure u back up on cd or dvd any important files..

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
wow, just wow. LilTone247, i dont know where the hell you came up with that info but uh....wow.

anyway, DJ Skee, just go to My Computer (you know where that is....right?) and you see that toolbar at the top that says "Folders", yeah you click that, and it shows all the folders on teh left, so just take your crap from C (not programs or OS files though) and drag it to D. once it's safely on D you can delete it from C.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
RZetlin said:
"Format c:" will give you more space. ;)

Are drive C and D separate hard drives?

If not, then all you have to do is to give more space from D to C using partition software like PartitionMagic.
This guy's having trouble dragging and dropping files from one drive to the other and you're expecting him to understand how to use partitioning software?

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
A side question, how do you reformat the C;Drive? do you just right click and go to format? and after u reformat, do u install win xp again? My friend really needs a reformat and i need to do it lol :)

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
makotech222 said:
A side question, how do you reformat the C;Drive? do you just right click and go to format? and after u reformat, do u install win xp again? My friend really needs a reformat and i need to do it lol :)
Uh. This usually goes without saying, but you can't format the system drive while inside of Windows. Just pop the Windows CD in there and kill/recreate the partition and format from in there. That's what I always do.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
ok thanks alot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.