Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Linux's worst nightmare..
1,510 Posts
GearNagaX thats the wrong attitude to have. The scene needs to be supportive of the coders who are left. We still have shadowtj and shogun doing their best for us. :thumb:

·
Registered
34 Posts
GearNagaX thats the wrong attitude to have. The scene needs to be supportive of the coders who are left. We still have shadowtj and shogun doing their best for us. :thumb:
shogun not so much..

Shogun needs a time out.
[...]

Wow, not trying to be an attention whore or anything (call it whatever the hell you want), but I mention that I'm leaving, and absolutely NO ONE cares to say anything, except 2 people after I PMed or told someone on MSN. Why is that?

I came back for a brief moment to read the last PM Mia sent me and I come to find out my post was completely overshadowed by the return of Radix and @ruantec's final post. Keep in mind you just lost not 1, not 2, but 3 emu authors within the same week! P_Reptile and @ruantec were right. Why did I even bother... ugh forget it... :???:

For once, cussing up a storm and crying a river combined doesn't express how I feel atm and the words "[email protected]#% you" is simply too kind of a phrase.
So lets hope shadowtj will stay :)
Personally, I have 2 noobs who are currently trying to help with my own emu too. So 3 persons working on my project alone + shadowtj + possibly more. Xbox emulation is far from being dead..

//Edit: PS: shogun.. you mentioned that you are about to leave [this forum], yet you keep looking every 10 hours or so. Not posting is not the same as a "timeout". You can't blame anyone for not caring if you still appear in the active-member list every day..

·
Registered
376 Posts
//Edit: PS: shogun.. you mentioned that you are about to leave [this forum], yet you keep looking every 10 hours or so. Not posting is not the same as a "timeout". You can't blame anyone for not caring if you still appear in the active-member list every day..
He's just tsundere. :p As one myself, I can safely say that it's easier if you just let him be.

·
1,510 Posts
indeed its better to stay focused at the end goal. :thumb:

·
Registered
907 Posts
As always free time is the problem for programmers.
Thats why i have placed Dxbx in the fridge for now.. but dont worry, im working on a other project and with that one i learn new things that can be used for Dxbx.

Also got some emails by youtube channels about xbox info and stuff.
So people are still interested and thats a good sign.
Seeing alll these post also indicates that the scene is stable..

Patrick had made a lot of changes, also things like pushbuffer emulation and stuff.
Things i not fully understand, that makes it even harder.
But when i got the time, i still take some looks at it.

Only realy damm problem except time.. is that i dont have a normal xp system at home annymore.
So that makes testing also not easier.

But im still out there, looking at the forums some times and writing back emails and stuff :)

About the talk Xbox emulation is dead.. this is totally not true.
And why not ???

Answer is simple, if it was realy a dead scene.. YOU was not reading THIS POST !! LOL :p

greetings,

Shadow_tj

·
1,510 Posts
glad youre still around :thumb:
btw i sent you an email a few days ago id love to hear your thoughts on the matter :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
It was a pleasent surprise that blueshogun made some significant progress on Xenoborg. It looks more promising than cxbx / dxbx and since it's an LLE approach hopefully it will attract more coders. I would appreciate that shadow_tj comment feasibility on that one.

·
Registered
907 Posts
IvicaMarkovic, the xenoborg project is looking very promissing.
Also because of the LLE structure, this can be the only good way to support 64bit windows.
This is not possible on a easy way with cxbx / dxbx.

However, lle emulation is a lot harder to program, this takes a lot of time.
What i known by talking with patrick is that Xenoborg is executing code, and when a exception is raised you try to trap it.. and handle the error codes and run the code again.

This is complete different then cxbx / dxbx, because there you trie to prevent exception generation by patching, however pathching is not always working. then you get exceptions and errors.

So its a cmplete different attack code to execute xbox games.

Chelidze:.. don`t know how much you read this forum.....

"sad to see this project get abandoned from the creator " ???

I thought the creator still has not abandoned the dxbx project and still working on it, except he has not much free time.. or do you have more info about the Dxbx creator i do not know of???

·
Registered
907 Posts
i wanted to create a very long post.. but why bother.
some people yust don`t understand the irony in that last post of mine

·
1,510 Posts
i wanted to create a very long post.. but why bother.
some people yust don`t understand the irony in that last post of mine
its amazing how dense people are :???:

a lot of people think Patrick was the leader of the dxbx dev team thats why a lot of detractors say "omg abandoned by its own author"

dont let the haters discourage you :thumb:

·
Registered
359 Posts
hmm, patrick will be associated with DXBX for a long time. Unless shadow forks it, and names it EXBX (or whatever he decides to name it), those who trickle into this thread still see patrick as the head/author.

·
Never give up your dreams
181 Posts
hmm, patrick will be associated with DXBX for a long time. Unless shadow forks it, and names it EXBX (or whatever he decides to name it), those who trickle into this thread still see patrick as the head/author.
I'll bee REALLY straight to the point: Shadow_TJ is the Dxbx creator, PatrickVL was just the best coder/helper that Dxbx ever had... but Shadow_tj is improving his coding skills, learning new things that will contribute to Xbox emulation. I think that's all!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts