Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying a new laptop but I was never really into the portable brother of the desktop so I'm asking for advice.
My first priority is battery life. I'm planning on using the new lappy @ school for about 7.5Hrs a day. the max price is 1200$.
Any help/advice/recommendations are very welcome
thanx :)

· Canadian Spaceman
8,906 Posts
_no_ laptop battery will last 7.5hrs so you will need to look for a model that supports 3+ batteries. Then shoot for a Pentium-M or get a whole "Centrino" technology laptop. Good luck on finding all that battery power though.

· Registered
608 Posts
Do you know if your classrooms are going to have outlets? At my school, some classrooms have outlets for each and every desk space, while the others have outlets only on either sides of the room. As far as laptops that last 7.5HR on one charge, I have no idea. Maybe get a spare battery?

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I thought i saw a 7.5hr battery once..
o well, I think I do have power outlet in my classroom so anything which has 3-5hrs~+
battery life and is stable will be good.

edit:
ok now my priority is a 1.4GHZ or more with an 40GB 5400RPM HDD or more and minimum 512ddr333/pc2700 or more/faster.

· カラム
365 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.