Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pink Poney
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really wanting to pick up Dragon Age pretty soon, but I just spent money on Borderlands....so I checked ebay.

This isn't the first time I've seen this on ebay, but there are a lot of people selling PC version of the game out of other countries like Thailand and India. It's a lot cheaper than buying it state-side or through steam (20 or 25 bucks price difference).

The sellers have a lot of positive feedback....but there has to be a catch, right? just thought I'd check before potentially wasting money :thumb:

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
*obvious alert

the catch is that its more than likely to be in a different launguage.

and the obvious ones, such as he could have attained that feedback, through reputation ransom, late deliverys ect...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Bought New and Sealed Mass Effect from Thailand on e-bay.

It was a perfect copy. In English. Legit.

But there was a big sticker on the box saying export outside Thailand was illegal. I'm thinking it might be because the game was cheaper down there since there is so much piracy going on.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Bought New and Sealed Mass Effect from Thailand on e-bay.

It was a perfect copy. In English. Legit.

But there was a big sticker on the box saying export outside Thailand was illegal. I'm thinking it might be because the game was cheaper down there since there is so much piracy going on.
Exactly, still, they can say it's illegal, since we're living in a world economy I doubt a sticker has any legal consequences, at least not for the buyer, maybe for the seller as he might breach contracts with the supplier.

Still, personally I don't want to go that cheap. I usually shop in the US if I want it cheap, or in the UK, but I guess that's of no help to you MrPink :p

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I would like to buy Great Giana Sisters for the DS, and I'll have to import it... Grr, freaking Nintendo...I don't have the money to buy it now, but hopefully I'll save up...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.