Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanted to buy a digital camera for months but don't know what to buy :(
I know barely anything about digital camera (but just did a half hour article reading online). What things should I pay attention to when buying a digital camera? And what should I look at for clear low light pictures? The old digital camera I have kept blurring.

Searched up from the cheapest ones on newegg :lol:
http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16830120155

By the way, there are the criteria:
- Ugly blue color... but it's 5 bucks cheaper than silver one, so it looks great!
- Easy to find AA batteries!
- SD card, cheaper than xD cards :laugh: (that's why I skipped the even cheaper Olympus camera)
- AVI format? I heard of that!
- A mic!
- Optical zoom and 3.2MP! Better than the one my dad bought years ago with only digital zoom and 1.2MP :p

·
Registered
774 Posts
I have used 3 brand of digital camera that is sony, panasonic and nikon.
what i could say is Nikon is the best since it use SD or MMC card
(thats better than MS)
The picture quality, nikon is best for me.
Bout the avi format like u said, i have no idea coz every dgcam i used usually stored movie files in mpg.

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'll buy the camera soon... (finally!) since school's almost over.
Thought about buying one of these:
Canon A510 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16830120167
Canon A520 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16830120168

But in the past month I won another few hundred from cash games :evil: so I can afford Sony Cybershot dsc-w1 now http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16830150046

And why is SD or MMC better than MS? Doesn't MS have higher speed (and price)? And what are some good camera review sites? I only used http://www.dcresource.com ...

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Searched for cameras on ebay... most have prices comparable to online stores' oO Even used ones!! But accessories are cheaper on ebay...

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Judging from it's specs on the ebay site it seems like a nice camera :)

I'm also planning on buying one, and I have my eye set on a Nikon Coolpix4600.

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked at that camera too, but it doesn't record sound so I don't want it :p
Searched for camera review sites, but http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/cameraList.php still seems to be the most organized and ordered (since the same person does all the reviews) and there are picture and video samples!

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Thanks for the link.
Nice review they had about 'my' phone. I'm now pretty sure I will get that one. I don't mind the sound not being recorded. I just want to take pictures. If I want a movie I'll grab my cell phone :) Though that resolution sucks (not even 200x150)

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Got the camera today :D That's pretty fast shipping...
My brother says it seems to work fine. Can't wait till Friday (last day of school) to see it for myself...

·
100% emulated freak
1,028 Posts
What model did you end up with? I am using a Nikon E5600 that does 5MP images, and 800x600 quicktime with sound. On a 1GB card, I can get 300+ images or 24 minutes of video. here is a kewl panaramic i took with my E5600.

Also, be sure to pick up an Ultra II card. it makes taking high-MP images easier because of the speed of the card.

I had to compress this image due to ngemu's file size limitations, the original was like 6000x2000

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's a Sony Cybershot dsc-w1, 2.5" LCD (it even has a sticker on front saying that :lol:), 5MP and can record 640 x 480 mpeg at 30fps. Are you sure it's 800x600? The Nikon site says it's 640.
And I think MS Pro shouldn't have speed problem, at least that's what it says :p
By the way, how do you take panaramic?

·
100% emulated freak
1,028 Posts
WindHydra said:
It's a Sony Cybershot dsc-w1, 2.5" LCD (it even has a sticker on front saying that :lol:), 5MP and can record 640 x 480 mpeg at 30fps. Are you sure it's 800x600? The Nikon site says it's 640.
And I think MS Pro shouldn't have speed problem, at least that's what it says :p
By the way, how do you take panaramic?
You are right, it is 640x480 @ 30FPS. The Nikon has a "Panaramic Assist" mode, where you take a shot, then it super-imposes a partial image on the lcd. Line up the partial with your next shot, and viola! use some arcsoft software to stitch it all together.I have noticed that hand-held panaramic assist is sometimes tricky, so I use a tripod when I can.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Nice picture but there is some sort of 'arc' effect visible on it. I'm not that good at photography so if there's someone else here with more knowledge about it: Is it looking good or bad on this picture?

The detail seems quite nice to me :)

I'm giving the camera a few test shots at home now, I will post pictures of mine later :)

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Aww... there's a problem with the camera :'( There's a dark spot on pictures. At least it's not too noticeable. Hope something can be worked out.

·
100% emulated freak
1,028 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
Nice picture but there is some sort of 'arc' effect visible on it. I'm not that good at photography so if there's someone else here with more knowledge about it: Is it looking good or bad on this picture?

The detail seems quite nice to me :)

I'm giving the camera a few test shots at home now, I will post pictures of mine later :)
Because of the shape of the lens, there is a distortion, most photo editing programs have a feature thet will attempt to adjust for this distortion, but I choose to keep it as the camera saw.

I am glad you liked that image, keep in mind I had to compress it severely, to get through NGEmus file restrictions, you outta see the full-res version.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts