Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've tried all the different sound .dll and still Metal Gear Solid sounds like butt, the voices in the cutscenes are all off-sync and everything, it's terrible. help me...................:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
56 Posts
There is a bug in ePSXe that affects this game's sound... but you could search this forum for my earlier post on how to 'fix' the sound a little better. i dunno if it helps but you could try it out.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
ummm, actually that was a big deal in the review I read...the PC version USES the exact same textures as the PSX version (Converted for PC use of course) so no, you don't get better graphics...

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I suppose you liked my comment Ryos? :p - I also heard about that, and besides VR Missions? Bah!!! Who needs them, all I wanna do is play Metal Gear, if I want a copy of VR Missions i'll go buy it; it's only $10 at this place by my house ;)

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
the pc version is actually inferior since it doesn't have any of the shadowy effects and buffer effects that the psx version has....... Which made the psx version look kind of cool........ the only thing the pc version has is maybe cleaner graphics but still, it loses something in the conversion.....

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by fivefeet8
it loses something in the conversion.....
Yeah, like the coolness it had when it first came out on PSX (not saying that it still isn't cool):yawn:

S

·
0 Posts
asz likes to say that things suck :/

uhm, MGS sound is ok-ish in VGS, but not perfect either...
indeed the PC version misses blur and has no force feedback support.
At least the Ninja-effect works.....

It's very interesting MS said before that MGS pc would have improved textures, on the site www.mgspc.com look at the screenshots and you'll see some with different textures! (snake has eyes :p) ...but the version released in the stores doesn't have improved textures, not noticeable at least...only perspective correction.

Found a small 'error' in MGS pc by the way....the music when you fight a boss is the same as when you're spotted by enemies. In the psx version the music is when you fight a boss is different...maybe they had to do this because they didn't have enough space on the cd's? afterall it was brought down from three to two cd's.

I still think the pc version is the best MGS version though....it has a higher resolution and all extra's included.

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
What do you mean it has a higher resolution? I pump mine up to 2064xsomething-or-other and it looks fine. I can't name too many psx PORTS that let you go beyond 640x480....then again, I haven't tried this one, so I may be totally wrong. I still don't think that it makes sense to say PC version has higher res, though.

·
Registered
345 Posts
i was told that the MGS port can go up to 1046x768
which is considerably larger than 640x480

also, it has perspective correction something that the PSX version doesnt.

but i have yet to play this game so i dont know which is better

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by KillerShots
What do you mean it has a higher resolution? I pump mine up to 2064xsomething-or-other and it looks fine. I can't name too many psx PORTS that let you go beyond 640x480....then again, I haven't tried this one, so I may be totally wrong. I still don't think that it makes sense to say PC version has higher res, though.
640x480 are those c(r)apcom ports...forget about those. This port is done very well and can indeed be run at 1024x768....to me that's a higher resolution than 320x240.....

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
It may have higher resolution but wheres the better textures? better colors? better game? Same thing with just higher resolution....? No blur effects? They could've made it look way better like the way they advertised it on their website....... Where the hell are snakes eyes? Like that shot on their website....... Higher resolution is cool but it is too easy to do...... For a pc game it is really sub par........ It was a great psx game but just a good pc game........ and You didn't need a 1000 dollar system to play it on the psx......... And capcom's port of resident evil 3 can go up to the highest resolutions........ So not all of them are crapcoms........

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Samor
asz likes to say that things suck :/
I know ;), but i'm just looking for the cream of the crop, the best! Not semi-good, or "ok". THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Ok, this has gone far enough.:mad: People are starting to get upset. Time to close the thread.
sx/amiga

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.