Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uh...Just read the story. And supposedly it's been going on for years. So um...who exactly is running this country?

And yes, I know the source sucks. However, it was passed on to me by a Republican. ;)

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
honestly and short....
nothing new, this kind of shhhh.... stuff happends all the time...

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
dick cheney of course

·
Registered
613 Posts
If this really did happen (which I sincerely doubt), I wouldn't blame Bush for doing it. Hell, if I was in the same situation, I would want Karl Rove to be my "secret advisor"... that guy is brilliant. He's like the "James Carville" of the Republicans.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
I think it is true and although Bush is one crappy president noone can run a whole country on there own. They need help advisors and people to tell them important info because they can't know everything all the time. That's why country's should not have one leader but a democratic council.

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Democracy is not always that good... too many idiots voting. Most voters (I think) probably don't even know what the propositions the candidates made. Like in my school, there are clubs (not sure what they are :p) that urges people to vote in the upcoming presidential election... what's the point. And look at what happened in the last presidential election. Too many idiots didn't read the directions first on the butterfly ballot (there were directions, right? oO).

·
Link to the Underworld
1,148 Posts
Why is this turning into an anti-democracy thread? At least stay a little bit on topic... And as said, it's likely just a bullet proof vest or something.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
I think it is true... It was on papers here on Finland too.

This is too good to be true... But hey, I think everyone here remembers the way he was elected in the first place, a LITTLE fishy way...

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Radix865 said:
I think it is true... It was on papers here on Finland too.

This is too good to be true... But hey, I think everyone here remembers the way he was elected in the first place, a LITTLE fishy way...
He is the president, it was his vest, he is required to wear one whenever he is anywhere in public.

Also, Bush did in fact win the election. ALL the votes were counted in Florida by a coalition of News agency's. They even counted them with less restrictions that Al Gore wanted and Bush STILL won. If you like the man or not, the whole "Stole the election" theme is Crap and it has been proven to be crap. I do not know why people continue to harp on it. Democrats will probably try the same tactics when Bush wins again this year. And he will win, if the vote was today he would have 313 Electorial votes. John Kerry has a HUGE mountain to climb to over take that.

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Hmm... but the motive for desigining the butterfly ballot is still questionable. Even with "less" restriction, there are still a lot of people who punched 2 holes by mistake (since both are next to Al Gore's name). There should be a uniform ballot for the entire nation :/

Back to topic, although no one can run a whole country on his/her own, one should be able to debate on one's own :p

·
Link to the Underworld
1,148 Posts
DarkAurora said:
This would explain why Bush stopped stuttering on his speeches.
Bush isn't a natural stutterer, he's just fairly poor at public speaking. Bush showed his typical amount of pauses and stutters in the debate.

And dpence, bush still lost the popular vote ;). Hopefully the colorado resolution to split the electoral votes passes and more states follow suit.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
well, this accusation is along the same lines as the one of Kerry pulling out cheat sheets in the first debate...baseless and juvenile.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts