Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys i rented burnout 3 for ps2 from blockbuster today but i need to use my osx dualshock controller to use the r2 button to set off those crashbreakers since the ps2 dualshock2 controller's r2 button is dead.Now even when the system is off and i plug the psx dualshock controller into controller port 1 it won't recognoze the controller and will ask for a ps2 dual shock 2 controller,is this a game glitch or a problem with the ps2 and will it do this with all ps2 games?I notice the psx dualshock controller will be recognized fine in the 2nd player port so why isn't it recognized in player 1 port?

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Maybe you should stop hucking your controllers at your ps2 in fits of rage :p

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL i don't know what you are talking about,not my fault their hardware can't stand pressure:).I sure know the mini psx could take it as well as the dual shock controller but the ps2 just doesn;t seem up to par:(.also san andreas is now mia due to some cracking.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the original psx dualshock controller that came with my mini psx,the ps2 dualshock 2 controller that came with the ps2 is recognized but it refuses to recognize the other cntroller although if it's used for player 2 it will work fine.

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
some games only detect dualshock 2 controller if you put another type of controler the wont detect it (even if it is an original psone dualshock controler)

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
most of EA games for PS2 don't tolerate PSOne controller, like Burnout, like Def Jam: Fight for NY, and :cuss2: many otheres...

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Burnout 3 need a fully analog controller. The PSX controllers don't have analog buttons, only analog sticks. SSX3 and MGS2 are other culprits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts