Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of DVD media would be best for burning a backup of my PS2 games on my Generation1 PS2 incase they get damaged?

And yes I already know all the diffrent "Procedures" for running a burnt disc so don't bother mentioning it (Besides it's against the rules)

·
"Insert witty title here"
1,049 Posts
Sony has always worked great for me with CD-R. Them and Verbatim. Do they make DVD-Rs though? I'm assuming they make all their media with the same quality.

·
Registered
774 Posts
As long as we're not talking about dual layer discs, Verbatim DVD-R's seem to get the fewest complaints. I use either them or Memorex usually, and have yet to have a DVD-R go bad on me. I'm not sure about dual layer discs at this point, but few PS2 games use them anyways. Just remember that burned DVD media doesn't last forever, so in order to keep your backups safe you'll have to copy them to a new disc once roughly every 5 years.

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
I found that Intenso DVD-R work pretty well. I heard that the (old) PS2 doesn't like DVD+R.

·
Okama Way!
352 Posts
I've heard verbatim work well also but I havn't ried them yet (just got my DVD writter a few days ago). I'll tell you waht DOESN'T work well though Bulq Pak DVD+R they sux0r, first it didn't work then it did now it doesn't again, rubbish

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Certain DVD media seems to work in my PS2, while others don't. Though I can only comment on DVD-video since my console is unmodified.

·
Registered
254 Posts
My PS2 seems to refuse philips dvd+r,it just doesn't like it AT ALL, for what i know verbatim are the best.

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
Verbatim are the best
btw/ the ps2 works better whit dvd then cd's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts