Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could somebody please tell me what I need to burn that wonderful classic of Gone with the Wind to a dual layer, 8 gig DVD? I know my burner's OK to do it, it's just that when it came time for Imgburn to switch tracks over to the other layer it hiccupped and said it wasn't possible for the VTS getting in the way or something.

·
Here... take my hand
637 Posts
Actually I will,

Let's say hypothetically you are burning a movie you made ;P

I recommend you use a program called DVD Shrink... Or you can buy better ones that do a better job...

Basically you don't want to burn 8GB of data onto a disc, if it doesn't come like that as in purchasing a DVD movie. But in this case we are assuming you are buring your on self made movie :)

SO the idea is to shrink it to 4GB as normal blank DVD's hold about 4.5-4.7GB

You dont have to worry about quality loss because you not really notice it at that loss.

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Actually I will,

Let's say hypothetically you are burning a movie you made ;P

I recommend you use a program called DVD Shrink... Or you can buy better ones that do a better job...

Basically you don't want to burn 8GB of data onto a disc, if it doesn't come like that as in purchasing a DVD movie. But in this case we are assuming you are buring your on self made movie :)

SO the idea is to shrink it to 4GB as normal blank DVD's hold about 4.5-4.7GB

You dont have to worry about quality loss because you not really notice it at that loss.

Hope that helps...
So you're saying that there will be a loss but it's like it's so minimal I'll never even notice it?

You need a betamax cartrige and an oven.

lol, if you downloaded the film, we aint gonna help ya.
Mean people suck!

·
Here... take my hand
637 Posts
So you're saying that there will be a loss but it's like it's so minimal I'll never even notice it?
Pretty much.

Mean people suck!
He makes a good point though, if I were you I'd avoid hinting about what you did :D

You have to understand that you need to talk in code lol, illegal discussions can be prosecuted as a means of facilitating with illegal activities. Now granted that is just a severe case, but it's possible that Ngemu's web hoster can go say fucκ you get lost we don't want you here anymore, or worse told to shut down for good.

Those are just gray areas that websites do not need to burden over. I hope you understand why people can be mean about it. Sorry for your troubles. :)

·
Tushy :3
5,162 Posts
Dennemark wasn't being mean...he was trying to tell you subtly that you are stepping on the thin line of breaking one of the rules. Anyways, MDK's info is right though. I hope that helps you out.

I used to know of a file splitter when it came to this but I forgot it's name. Oh well. :(

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
uhh use a dual layer dvd? wont have to shrink it...

·
Here... take my hand
637 Posts
uhh use a dual layer dvd? wont have to shrink it...
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh whats the point of wasting money on a dual layer DVD? im trying to save her issues and money.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
really? i got like a hundred pack for like $30 on newegg.

on a side note, i didnt really read the topic, i shouldnt even be in this thread LOL

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Gone with the wind will easily fit on a single layer DVD with very little quality loss.

·
Here... take my hand
637 Posts

on a side note, i didnt really read the topic, i shouldnt even be in this thread LOL
That's good :)

But what about the issues she faces? FOr all we know she may not ever have a Double Layer DL DVD R Media compatibility burner :/

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well of course I do! You think I'd be trying to do something that's impossible for me?!

·
Registered
5,977 Posts

Uhm... link?

I've been paying $25 for a 20pk of DL-DVDs.... you must be getting a hell of a deal.

---

It could be possible her DVD burner is going bad. When I had a DVD burner before that started to go bad, the ability to burn DLDVDs went first.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I've used DVD Flick to burn a old movie from a MPEG file straight to a DVD that could be used with any player. Have you ruled out yet that it could possibly be the media causing the problems?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.