Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searching the forum did not make anything on this topic pop up, and I'm sorry if this question has been asked a hundred times.

Is there any way to play backups burned to a disc? It would really save some space on the HDD. If not, how hard would it be to implement?

·
Registered
13 Posts
It is currently in the list of things they would like to implement. It will be some time before it is working though I suspect. So don't get your hopes up.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Nice idea but the game will run much slower so it is better to play from the HDD.
That is a guess. It is not a fact so all we can do is wait and see. You never know.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Nice idea but the game will run much slower so it is better to play from the HDD.
That depends greatly on the speed of the drive. If you have sucky speed, then it will be slow. If you have great speed (So great that it smash up older CD´s...Happened to me...) then it will work out fine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Couldn't you just copy the .iso file itself to a DVD and open it?
Sure, it wouldn't work on a modded Wii, but it would work to save space on your PC :p

·
Registered
346 Posts
i really don't think it would be "just like the real thing". You have to consider the workload and some other realtime stuff, like sounds. I remember not long ago... i was playing Sonic adventure 2 battle using NullDC reading my burned disc. The game loaded just fine, but when it tried to play the sounds from the action jumps, the Cd-drive just went nuts and started spinning like crazy. Yeah maybe the CD was Fuc.... but i think it would happen the same on Dolphin.

·
Registered
18 Posts
But wouldn't it be faster if you were playing from the HDD?
In theory it should only have an effect on loading, except if the game is continually loading things... which is possible as the games are not made to use the 1or2 go of ram of today pc but the 40mo of the gamecube... :dead:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts