Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi --

First, I'd like to make it clear that I'm not talking about a pirated game here, I'm talking about a backup of a game I legally purchased years ago. The original disc is in pretty poor shape, so I'm attempting to play from an ISO backup. So please, no snippy remarks about how I shouldn't be talking about piracy on this board -- I'm not.

As I can't get ePSXe to run any game from ISO (a problem I posted about in another thread), I've burned the ISO to a CD. However, the CD won't run; when I attempt to run it I get a black screen and nothing else.

I burned using Linux cdrecord, and have made two attempts.

The first:

Code:
cdrecord -dev=/dev/hdc suikoden.iso
This burn would not run, and I couldn't even get an md5sum from /dev/hdc afterwards (md5sum gives a read/write error).

I reasoned that maybe the problem was my leaving the -dao flag off, so I tried a second burn:

Code:
cdrecord -dao -dev=/dev/hdc suikoden.iso
Same result, except now I can get an md5sum from the disc -- it just happens to be a radically different one from the one on the .iso.

Anybody have any ideas what's causing the problem? Does epsxe ordinarily support burned discs? In short, is this a problem with the burning process or a problem with epsxe itself, and how do I fix it in either case?

Thanks.

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
NGEmu/EmuForums Rules of Conduct

The following rules apply to the EmuForums message board (located at http://www.ngemu.com/forums) and its associated features, eg// profiles, private messages, emails, signatures, etc...

Warez Policy
NGEmu takes a "no tolerance" stance against the trading/sharing/discussion of illegal software, also known as warez. Links to or requests for illegally-obtained commercial material, such as ROMs, ISOs, or BIOS images will not be tolerated. If you post in a forum for support and you are found to be in possession of illegal content, your thread will be immediately closed.
If you have read the rules it's OK.
Yours is a original CD and you are attempting to create an ISO.

Since it cannot run from a CD, chances are the ISO created will be identical to the CD and the image 'corrupt'.

Anyway, when you ENABLE LOGS in ePSXe, does the command prompt show errors or other infomation?

·
Registered
152 Posts
How about using a linux equivalent of daemon tools (if it exists), a virtual cd mounting program?

Yes, ePSXe should support any disc (original/pirate/back-up) providing it actually supports the game, and that it's in good condition. And obviously the rest like settings and comp specs...

Can you browse the actual CD? And have you selected the correct CDR plugin and drive settings?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Actually, you can mount the iso as a loop device in linux, using iso9660 as filesystem. Anyway, to the point. I already answered your other post, that might help. Regarding loading from the cd, i never get it to work myself :p , but from the iso it worked fine. Wich game are you trying to run? How did you dump the game? ddump? Some application?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts