Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm completely new to emulation and want to burn a copy of Ace Combat Zero for PS2.

I was wondering, should I use DVD(+r, -rw, -r?) or CD (to burn to) and what software with what settings would be best for creating a copy of my game?

Thanks in advance -
;)

·
The Master of Disguise
808 Posts
Hmmm very odd that he wants to make a copy of his game. Anyway, download alcohol 120%, there should an option to choose how to burn the DVD, it should say something like Playstation 2 or something similar.

Make sure the game will fit into the empty DVD disc before burning game to the disc, some ps2 games go over 5GB of space, that way u don't waste a disc.

·
There is always hope, but you have to supply it.
6,886 Posts
Hi, I'm completely new to emulation and want to burn a copy of Ace Combat Zero for PS2.

I was wondering, should I use DVD(+r, -rw, -r?) or CD (to burn to) and what software with what settings would be best for creating a copy of my game?

Thanks in advance -
;)
I find dvd decrypter with dvd-r to be best

burn at 4x speed for optimum results

·
Registered
51 Posts
Don't, use ISO directly. You'd lose quite a lot of PCSX2 advantages by burning a game.

BTW if you'd like to create a DVD for emulator, you'd still like to see the ISO file on the DVD.

Well if you have the game why would you want to burn it in another cd/DVD?
Have you listened words protection against scratching? Backups? (You backup a game, they'd rob you, however you'd have your backup.) Paranoia? Deepu education about data protection?

I personally destroy original copies because I hate originals.

·
Registered
147 Posts
That response was just annoying....but, there's 1 in every forum...

Thanks to Master_DX and Kaizen for actually posting an answer as opposed to a question.
you better just rip it (make an ISO) and store it in a hard drive! that's the way I backup these days. (so I did wonder too) :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
you better just rip it (make an ISO) and store it in a hard drive! that's the way I backup these days. (so I did wonder too) :D
I do it both ways...save it to my 320GB PS1/2 drive then make a back up to actually play the game on my PS2.

Sadly emulator can't play Summoner yet...my favorite title. So stuck with my PS2 for now ^-^

I have worn out 4 copies of summoner over the years to give you a idea how much I play it lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts