Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam building a pc and i want your advice guys.

CPU: core 2 quad Q8200
GPU: HD3850 512mb DDR3
MOBO: P5Q SE P45 chipset (i dont want to overclock anything K)
MEM: 4GB corsair 800mhz XMS2
HDD: 1TB samsung 32MB sata 2
DRIVES: 2 drives samsung burners 22x speed SATA2
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-450VX, 450W (ATX 12V, Retail)
CASE: AOPEN Midi T G518 Aluminum Black noPSU

So what do you guys think of this configuration ?

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Very decent. Not going to be able to handle a number of modern games at reasonable speed, PCSX2 is out of the question even if you do overclock,...

...and I just hope the price is reasonable or otherwise, you are better off getting other components.

Plus 4GB of RAM is too much. But RAM is cheap nowadays so I guess that one can be overlooked.

·
Final Fantasy XXX
2,413 Posts
GPU: 4850 or 4870
PSU: 550w Corsair

Consider those if you don't wanna go through with upgrade process.

·
Registered
289 Posts
get a 4850 man. If you have the money, get an ocz vertex ssd, and x25-m or and ultradrive ME ssd. Ssds are the fastest/best upgrade you can do for your system, because you'll notice it's the biggest difference. No jmicron ssd controllers though. They suck.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
550 euro good price ? :p iam just scared about the PSU if its enough powers the pc.

Ram was 30 euro.
550 is fine, I think... for your location. I hope that already includes the monitor and keyboard and mouse, though.

EWWW Q6600 is 2 dies Q8200 is a real core 2 quad.... And HD3850 should be enough for my gaming experience ....
Actually, both Q6600 and Q8200 use 2 dies like Phil said. There's no such thing as a "real" quad-core. What happens is that you actually have all 4 cores, just that every two cores shares the same bus lane on one die. But anyway... shouldn't hamper too much that way. AMD did a "real" quad-core, but their architecture felt short of proving the real quad-core experience.

How so?

That's a fine explanation for how I play PS2 games via that emulator on my PC.
Because I don't like "frameskips" and "speedhacks" and any other kind of skipping that could potentially break a game in any way? And when none of those are used, I seriously doubt anything slower than a 3.0GHz Core 2 will handle over 50% of PS2 games at full speed.

If you have to tone down graphics to their natural resolution and everything, then might as well use your PS2 to play the games to save the troubles. :p That's what I use emulators for. If they don't improve the experience beyond the original system in some way, then I wouldn't even poke them with a ten-feet pole.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Rap, you are one to talk. Only thing you have now is that emasculated Eee. So you cant emulate ANYTHING.
No, I do have something else. :p (nah, still won't reveal what it is... but rest assured. I still keep up with the latest) Or well, I'll tell you that I have a Core *censored* processor with a GPU that has the letters "GTX" on its label. :evil: Happy? Sold the HD4870 a while ago to a hopeful soul because I craved even more powah... *wink wink*

But like I said... too much power and you don't know what to do with it anymore. :lol: I have beaten Crysis and Crysis Warhead each for the 5th or 6th time already. Waiting for a PC game that is really worth the trouble of turning on the computer.

Eee is still useful, though. I'm in the middle of a programming project that needs a lot of optimizations, so the Eee is a blessing. Slow computers FTW!

...or that would be what I'd like to say. :eek:nthepull

No, really. I'm busy with a programming project right now so there's not much time for anything else (thus Eee is plenty). The rest... I'm not sure if I should lie or tell you falsified information. :evil:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.