Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Build Your Own 150" Project - Possible?? (Yup, it is)

click me
Is this for real?

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Yup. I believe those are real. Kevin Rose did one of those on The Screen Savers and it worked. The quality is horrible though.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it good enough to at least be 'playable' though? Worth the $50 investment it claims?

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
!!WOW!!
that's wha U call entertainment, wish I had such projector in my room...

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I wouldn't bother post this if that guy didn't have some 8000 positive feedbacks, plus now RB has confirmed such thing does exist. What I'd like to know is the feasibility and the picture quality. How does play GT4 with a 150" screen sound to anyone? Huh? I know ;)

edit: It seems another way to do this is getting an "LCD panel projector" (which runs anywhere from $20-150 on Ebay) and an overhead projector (dirty cheap as well) and voila, you got yourself a nice, huge display for <$100. I just began researching in this stuff, if anyone has info please tell me. Thanks!

BTW, I've never heard of LCD panel projector before (well, I have not heard of A LOT of things).
->pictures here

edit 2: It seems the 'plans' they sell on Ebay are easy to do but picture quality is OK. There are ways to actually BUILD your own projector for $100-400 depending on how good you want it; the quality on those are, well, see for yourself here

So basically we have 3 methods of doing this:
1. Building a 'magnifying box' with TV being the image source - the Ebay plans
2. Using an LCD projector panel with overhead projector
3. Building a projector

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Building a projector seems to be the highest quality from what i can see from those shots. But it may be hard? I'm not sure :p

Tough decision. I personally would get a cheap "real" projector. But it would be hard to find one under $1000.00 :/ So that's probably out of the question.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Erm, the plans can be gained free on the net. The only other thing that would come with it is a 'fresnel' lense, a kind of reading magnification sheet old people use :p

.. And the quality is indeed poor. Obviously depends on the TV and how well you build it though. The shots on that auction are quite obviously faked.

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
I have seen projects that use a CRT computer moniter rather than a tv becasue the moniter can get higher resolutions. The only thing is that you need to find a way of increasing the brightness of the moniter some way, like a new bulb or sumthin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts