Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I seen no thread with Bug-Reports, now heres a thread for it. Please keep everything related to Bugs&Issues here.

Well this is what bothers me, since i cant fully use my Pads:

Controller: (built-in)
*) Doesnt support POV and Rotation-Axes(Rx,Ry,Rz)...I have the digital Pad recognised as POV on ALL my 3 Pads and the 2nd analogstick uses Z-Axis and Rx-Axis.

*) Only Axes from the first enumerated Pad/Stick are useable -> no second Analog GamePad, and I have to unplug my Logitech Wingman to use my DualShock each time i donna run ePSXe.

*)Would love to see support for Pad-Plugins. But I could live without if the builtin fixes the above things.

CD-Rom: (ePSXe CDR ASPI core 1.4.0.)
*) Changing Discs wont work in FF IX, maybe in other Games its the same? I tried both using the CDRoms and Images, both seem to put the emu in a loop.

·
100% emulated freak
1,028 Posts
I am unsure of the problems you experianced changing discs. I played discs 1 & 2 on v1.2 and 3 & 4 on v1.4 Depending on my mood I have used both ISOs and CDs and have had no problems.

I also do not understand your joystick problem. Here are the 3 joys I have on my machine:

1) Gravis Game Pad Pro [USB] (joy 1)
2) Dpad pro with an SNES controller [parellel] (joy 2)
3) RadioShack 26-445 [15 pin game port] (joy 3)

I am able to use any of these controllers in epsxe.

Perhaps if you give us more information about your system configuration and epsxe configuration we will be more apt to assist in getting the greatest PSX emulator working to your liking.

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
For the disc changing thing, you are pressing Esc then going to File>Change Disc right?

(Yay, 400th post)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I made regular saved at the end of the discs, so its not really a problem for me, just wana point out changing discs(yes, with Esc) dint worked for me, I tried a couple times.

For the Pads, I have a Logitech Wingman and 2 PSX-DualShocks via a "Super Joy Box 4", I can only assign Axes form one Controller, and thats the first thats installed & working, in my case the Logitech, I have to unplug it to use the sticks of one of my Dualshocks.

And ePSXe doesnt supports all kind of Controls, definitly no POV and no Rx.
Im aware ur Pads may fully work, but Pads with the above Controls wont.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
That's him. He started a thread some time ago in the plugin section asking for the epsxe team for support to input plugins, so he could work on one.

What exactly happens when you try to change cds?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Zephon
That's him. He started a thread some time ago in the plugin section asking for the epsxe team for support to input plugins, so he could work on one.
Its meeeeee, I know it cause i have to live with it since some decades ;)
I talked to _demo_ on Irc, its not likely Plugin-support will be added :/, just hope they add those controls.
What exactly happens when you try to change cds?
Screen shows pic to change Cds.
me: presses Esc, chooses other Iso (or CD-Rom)
me: continues Emulation
Screen wents black after a few seconds, HD or CD light keps flashing.

then I usually exit after a couple minutes

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have the same problem with disc change in ff 9
what version do you have i think its a problem with the pal version and the patches i have the german version

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same problem

NRage - I have the same gamepad problem as you. I use a Gravis Eliminator Aftershock and cannot use both analog sticks cuz of this.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Reguarding that POV input thing, I'd really love to see them put that into the next version too. That or add support for controller plugins....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts