Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Double Fine Action News

Metal music is a genre that holds a special place in the hearts of many, and what better way to convey that love than to have Tim Schafer, one of the true greats of gaming history with his days spent with Lucasarts working on Monkey Island and Grim Fandango and now working in his own studio, and having created the sublime but criminally under appreciated Psychonauts, good old Timmy is once again creating a new sure fire classic, in the form of Brutal Legend.

Brutal Legend stars Jack Black as the voice of Eddie Riggs, the greatest roadie of all time who after splashing blood on his awesome belt buckle is magically transported to the land of Metal by the metal gods, where haters are enslaving humans and removing traces of all kind of metal music, which is the lifeblood of humanity. Naturally it is up to Eddie to stop this insurgency and return the land to it's former rifftastic self.

Played as an action game and full of typically hilarious Schafer writing, Brutal Legend is looking to be one of the greatest games of 2009, with solid looking gameplay that extends beyond typical hack and slash formula and one of the most original titles to come along since, well Psychonauts. EA have taken it upon themselves to publish this piece of gaming greatness and by the reports of 1Up and IGN, this will indeed be one game not to miss.

Brutal Legend is scheduled for release on Xbox 360 and PS3

I am particularly psyched, how about you guys?

Brutal Legend PS3 and Xbox 360 Cover Story
IGN: Brütal Legend Preview

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
I was kind of scared when the game suddenly found itself with no publishers, but then EA came to the rescue, so...
Yay for EA?

(hopefully this game will eventually find it way to the PC)

·
band
4,912 Posts
I was actually just going to post about this game for Cid Highwind's interests :D

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
damn i hate activision for the trash they tried to pull over there, im afraid to say this, but..............

go EA!?, hell it does look like EA are trying to turn them selves around????? ( not meant to encourage ea fan boys.... so don't take it the wrong way)

unfortunately i wont be able to play this, but ill just get the highlights of youtube.

·
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just been looking at some of the metal pedigree that will be contained within Brutal Legend and I am thoroughly impressed. Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Ronnie James Dio (awesome!) and I remember Schafer mentioning Iron Maiden and a few newer bands like Wolfmother (bork) but the metal greats that are in this game means that the soundtrack will be incredible.

·
Registered
176 Posts
So bad no PC version has been anounced. I would love to play this :p.

·
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Freakin' stupid question...but is this going to be like Guitar Hero in anyway?
As Densetsu says it thankfully does not use any of the guitar hero or rockband instruments, but you will be performing guitar solo's with the control pad to engage supernatural attacks with, think of it like playing the ocarina in Zelda: Ocarina of time, perform a specific numerical sequence and you are rewarded with greatness.

A few other similarities with Ocarina of time is that the game world is huge, 8x8 kilometres or 64 square kilomitres which is just staggering and to traverse that great distance, either use wild creatures that breath fire, or use Eddies Hot Rod.

·
Professional Spitter.
972 Posts
Guitar Hero does improve coordination, but unfortunately, theres too many ameri-**** who spend their entire lives on attaining 100% on every single song for every single GH game EVAR.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.