Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried Broken Sword The Directors Cut using Dolphin yet. I have tried to boot the .iso but it just stays with a black screen and continues to load- without finishing. Is it just unsupported or have I made a mistake in config somehow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The new Build of dolphin (2745) finally runs this game!!!! :D
But I have only music in the menu screen, in the game there is no sound at all(voices,music,sound effetcs etc)? Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Its still great to see progress with these new builds!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The new Build of dolphin (2745) finally runs this game!!!! :D
But I have only music in the menu screen, in the game there is no sound at all(voices,music,sound effetcs etc)? Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Its still great to see progress with these new builds!!!
Any tips on how you were able to get this far with it? 2791 just gives me a blank screen.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will have to perform the "error #002" hack but its very easy. Just follow the instructions in this link
http://www.dolphin-emu.com/forum/viewthr...ead_id=824

the two main problems i have encountered are
1) There is no music/voices in cutscenes (i have only seen the intro so far). However the main gameplay has sound effects, music, voices etc

2)I have a problem that the cursor wont go past a certain area to the left and right of the screen . This is a pretty major problem cause its vital in point and click adventures. Hopefully someone in this forum will be able to help!

Im very impressed how smooth the game runs and how compatible it is so far.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You will have to perform the "error #002" hack but its very easy. Just follow the instructions in this link
http://www.dolphin-emu.com/forum/viewthr...ead_id=824

the two main problems i have encountered are
1) There is no music/voices in cutscenes (i have only seen the intro so far). However the main gameplay has sound effects, music, voices etc

2)I have a problem that the cursor wont go past a certain area to the left and right of the screen . This is a pretty major problem cause its vital in point and click adventures. Hopefully someone in this forum will be able to help!

Im very impressed how smooth the game runs and how compatible it is so far.
Thanks for that I got it working, same issues as you though. It's as though the further left or right you move the cursor (i.e. emulated wiimote), the mouse/cursor seems to be moving faster than the actual wii cursor. So by the time you've moved the windows cursor to the edge of the window the actual wii cursor is still several centimeters out.

Still very impressed with how well it works, would be great to have a fix for this and the audio in custscenes issue sooner rather than later!

Do you know if it's possible to control the cursor via the keyboard/gamepad?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had that thought at the start as well. I couldn't find how to do it through dolphin's setting so i tried to use a program Xpadder to map the mouse to a controller but that didnt help. There's bound to be a way through the settings, to control the cursor by the keboard though. Then the problem would be avoided. As you say the mouse is too quick for the cursor - there both out of sync.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had that thought at the start as well. I couldn't find how to do it through dolphin's setting so i tried to use a program Xpadder to map the mouse to a controller but that didnt help. There's bound to be a way through the settings, to control the cursor by the keboard though. Then the problem would be avoided. As you say the mouse is too quick for the cursor - there both out of sync.
Yeah this really stumped me. I figured there would be equivalent settings to emulate there being no wiimote but only a control pad plugged in. No luck yet though.

edit:

While we're talking, are you a Broken Sword fan?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya Broken Sword has been one of my favourite franchises. I have all the games on PC so it was so strange when i saw that the directors cut was coming out for wii/ds. If only Charles Cecil knew how much us PC players want the game! :mad:

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi guys

i had the same problem with the cursor but i got it working :D
you need to adjust the ir pointer settings in the wii remote plugin
here is a pic of my settings

its not perfect but it works :) you should also disable the mouse cursor because its not completely in sync with the wii cursor and its a bit distracting

now we just need a fix for the cutscenes ;) at least you can play them with thpplay bit of a workaround i guess

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you using a real wiimote? I inputed those settings you sent. And the cursor still wont go past a certain border to the left and right of the screen. Basiculy i can't click on the inventory items on the corners of the screen still.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.