Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first time using ePSXe (or any PS emulator) so please bear with me. I've checked the Help section of the epsxe.com website and the program itself, but to no avail. I'm not a computer-savvy guy so this stuff is pretty difficult for me.

The problem is that everytime I load BoF IV, the screen turns black and freezes. I tried all of Pete's 1.75 video drivers, but all with the same problem. However, when I used his OpenGL2 Driver 2.6, the screen still turns black but a window pops up saying "Missing render-texture extension!" and then another with "No pixel format available!" and the program proceeds to crash. Everything is configured according to the instructions at the ePSXe website, so I'm not sure if the video is the problem.

Also, when I downloaded the BoF IV, it came with the ISO (.bin file), but also with a .cue file. I'm wondering if that has to go into a specific folder, but I haven't a clue as to what it does. Perhaps I am missing some required files to run the game?

I'm not sure if this helps, but here are my laptop (Dell Inspiron 6000) specs:
Windows XP Pro
70 GB HD
1 GB RAM
Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910ML Express Chipset Family
1680x1050 resolution (I have widescreen)
32 bit Color quality

I hope this problem isn't a repeat. I checked around and most of the problems seem to deal with FF and CT. These was a person with a problem similar to mine for BoF IV, but no one seemed to post actual solutions to help and the topic died. I hope you guys can help, thanks.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Perhaps I am missing some required files to run the game?
yeah, you missed the "i went to the store to buy it" file. please read the [rules]rules[/rules], piracy is not allowed, not just because it's illegal, also because that could very well be the source of your problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.