Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im not having that much of a problem with the game but it is quite annoying. When I go and use magic it goes really slow or pauses altogether and takes a few minutes to work...whats up with that any help would be apriciated. also some general game questions that i wasnt able to find anywhere else and thought maybe i would ask the board. How do you fish? and when I camp out in my tent i go and add an attack to one of my guys but when im in battle i cant use it why not? I used up most of my arurma(spelling) trying to figure it out and couldnt...where do you get more.

Thanx everyone in advance for the help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, I used to have the same problem in BoF3. When casting a spell, they usually say something right? Sound emulation isn't too great yet but...try this.

If you're not using the Internal SPU core thingy that comes with the emulator, try it out. Worked for me.

If you don't know which one i'm talking about, it should be the very first SPU on the list.

Good Luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok ill try that, but it says what their going to cast and then it stalls for a long time and then it finally just starts casting again. AND can anyone tell me about the magic its really iritating me!!!!!1 argggggggg please help

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
sounds like Frame buffer effects.....(I just got the game but have't had time to play) try disabeling Full vram or Gfx buffer on pete's or set Framebuffer to off and Offscreen drawing to extra in lewpy's plugin.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont know what it is but almost EVERYTIME i cast a spell it takes like 2 min and sometimes longer for it to finish casting it like goes in stages and goes from like frame to frame...could somebody help me out here thanx

·
Registered
775 Posts
Here try my settings, there from GPU, SPU, and CD-ROM plugins. Also the Bios I use.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-GPU-
Plugin: Pete's D3D Driver 1.1.51
Author: Pete Bernert

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - [16 Bit]

Textures:
- R4G4B4A4
- Filtering: 4
- Caching: 2 - 125 textures usable

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 60

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 1
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: none

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Unfiltered FB: on
- Dithering: on
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: on [00000240]

-SPU-
Plugin: ePSXe SPU core 1.4.0.

- (check) Enable Sound
- (check) Enable CDDA Sound
- (check) Enable XA sound
- (check) Enable XA read
- (check) Enable SPU IRQ hack

-CD-ROM-
Plugin: Pete's CDR ASPI Driver 1.5
Author: Pete Bernert

Caching mode:
- Async read

- (check) Try to limit speed [16x]
- (check) Don't wait until drive is ready

-Bios-
SCPH1001.BIN
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope that helps, and I hope you got a good PC

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well...since you use 1.4.0, it's not the XA core issue that plagued the previous versions. It may be a seeking problem with your CD-ROM. Try ripping your disc to an ISO and play off of it.

As for graphics plugins...if you use an nVidia, you can use Pete's OpenGL plugin instead of D3D. It will provide the same options while providing better performance.

Other than that, you can go with Bubsy's config. Also be sure to turn Full VRAM Primitives OFF and Framebuffer textures to Black (like what Bubsy has) to avoid choking on extensive FB effects.

Sound plugin is irrelevant, I've found. You can use the Internal (faster) or Iori's v1.46 (more comprehensive).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts