Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, contrary to what you may be thinking i'm having no problems running BoF IV, and that's where the problem lies. I've seen 2 seperate options for BoF IV to get it to work(???) yet I have no pronlem running the game with these options turned off.

Option #1
Under Pete's CDR ASPI Driver 1.6 there exits an option called 'Disable cd-rom status' with BoF IV in () next to it. What is the purpose of this feature? How does it help BoF in any way?

Option #2
breath_of_fire_4_usa.cht
Again, what is the purpose of this file (I know how to apply it and what it's used for [aka not a game cheat but to get the game to work]?

My game works just fine without either, however I'm not very far in the game, is there some later point in time (no story spoilers please) where the game will crash without these functions

More info:
GPU: Pete's Soft Driver 1.52
SPU: Pete's DSound Audio Driver 1.10
CPU (?): Pete's CDR ASPI Driver 1.6 (and yes Pete you are God)

Computer Specs:
933 P3
128MB SDRAM
32MB NVIDIA TNT M64 4xAGP
Win ME

All help greatly appreciated....

*Off Topic*
Why do intro cutscenes experiance (ex BoF IV and Vagrant Story) such major slowdowns in FPS? VGS also has this problem but the slowdown is a tab bit less...

BTW, BoF IV looks almost as good in epsxe as it does in vgs...

Configuration:
Plugin: Pete's Soft Driver 1.1.52
Author: Pete Bernert

Resolution/Color:
- 1024x768 Fullscreen - [16 Bit]

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Misc:
- Scanlines: disabled
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May I ask what plugins you are using, your specs, and the configuration of those plugins? I'd like to compare with mine, post yours and I'll post everything of what I use.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really? I have yet to experiance any of thos problems.....i've been p-laying it for a few hours now..............but thanx everyone for all the tips

as for all my plugins i'm using pete's soft driver 1.52 on 16 bit color on 1024x768 res

spu is pete's dsound 1.10

cdr is pete's 1.6

everything is pretty much pete......it looks as good as vgs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts