Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm having a issue with spell effects in BoF IV. The game itself runs fine, but effects such as swirl when you get into battle a long with spell animations don't appear. Is there anyway to fix this?

I tried this thread:
http://forums.ngemu.com/general-screenshots/45773-breath-fire-iv-1024x768.html

Used the plugin stated in it, but the Config differed from newest version (Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.77) so, I couldn't get it to work and the plugin itself didn't run as smooth as Pete's D3D Driver 1.77 which is what I was originally using before.

I'm currently using ePSXe 1.7.0, any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
can you post a screen shot of your current video config? it sounds like your compatibility settings are configured to have some or all frame buffer effects disabled, so thats why you do not see them at the moment.

a small warning though, in order to pull the frame buffer effects off with minimal performance loss you will probably need some decent hardware, nothing too fancy, but have them enabled with a lower-end or onboard video card for example will kill the performance in most cases. if you can post your system specs we can try to give you an idea on what to expect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.