Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried the f4 thing to save and it worked, but after the dam I went ito a town and the emu crashed.I restarted it and I cant load my saved game file. Has anyone had this problem, it just says no files found.

My system specs

duron 800
388mb of ram
50GB HD
SB Live! 5.1 x-gamer
voodoo 5

lots of other stuff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
You know when I want to save a game in Breath of Fire IV, it says "unable to save in memcard". I don't get it, it used to save before, now it doesn't. My other games save perfectly.:confused: So what's up with that!!!!!!!!!


!Your beginning to scare me ePSXe!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
Originally posted by Bubsy
You know when I want to save a game in Breath of Fire IV, it says "unable to save in memcard". I don't get it, it used to save before, now it doesn't. My other games save perfectly.:confused: So what's up with that!!!!!!!!!


!Your beginning to scare me ePSXe!
there are 2 possible reasons behind the problem which you people are facing

1 : you are using save states......

2.. you do not exit the emu properly. in order for you to save on your mem cards you need to exit the emu properly.... then again why use mem cards when you got a "save states" function as an option
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
just curious because i have this similar problem. why would using save states affect how the memory card reacts?

shouldn't the dual usage of both save-states and memory card make porting bits of the game which crashes in ePSXe much easier? Eg, save the game before it crashes at kyria and run that bit in cvgs then going back to ePSXe when the bit is over.

guys, there is a darkman save-state tool released which extracts the memory card from the save-state. use that first.

but i hope an answer is forth coming on why dual usage is not possible. :D

the save-state tool can be found via a link from aldostools.

mrdario.tripod.com/savestatetool/savestatetool.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
well u domt need to use cvgs to get past kyria theres a patch in epsxe which u can use to bypass the problem ... just go to cheats and load the cheat and make sure from time to time that the cheat is loaded..epsxe removes it from time to time for some reason....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I gave up trying so I am going to use my save states from now on. Has anyone had this problem? it a battle when using certian moves or items crashes the emulator but can still get respones from comp (ie. inseating an auto-run cd with a sound clip and hearing it) but cant exit the emu to windows, not sure whats wrong. I have an ieda thou, the sound skips for like a second then it crashes so maby its the cound. I use the Null2's sound plugin, it seems to work the best. anyone else using this plug-in and having the same problem?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
use the internal sound plugin as well as the internal cdr plugin ... i had zero problems when i used these plugins to play the game ....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
There's no reason for repeating what I say ice2hot. I know what I say:mad: , and second I use all the correct steps from exiting the emulator, and third using the savestates could be a drag sometimes why not use the psx memcards. And that f4 tactic sometimes never works for some games.

And instanoodles or cup~a~noodles, whatever your name is. You could be a crackhead:wtf: .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
Originally posted by Bubsy
There's no reason for repeating what I say ice2hot. I know what I say:mad: , and second I use all the correct steps from exiting the emulator, and third using the savestates could be a drag sometimes why not use the psx memcards. And that f4 tactic sometimes never works for some games.

And instanoodles or cup~a~noodles, whatever your name is. You could be a crackhead:wtf: .
well the advice i gave my friend was just an alternative .... and hey how was i supposee to know that you take the correct steps.. it was just a presumption ...... so cool it man and chill out ... use mem cards if you want to for all i care . i just try to help out thats all........ you dont like what i tell you dont impliment it simple as that monami... and please kindly keep your cracks regarding other persons to yourself ..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
When instanoodles call me a "bumb" it just piss me off:dead: .And I know you were being helpful, but to me when someone repeats what I say, it's like if I don't understand what I say. So why not just answer the question instead:confused: .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thank all of you for helping me out I got it to work fine. as for being on crack, mabey its u. That "bump" I called u I actually ment it as in bumping this topic back to the top of the message board not to insult you, kinda like when people use "up" or toerh stuff like that. sorry it u mistook it for an insult.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
Originally posted by Bubsy
When instanoodles call me a "bumb" it just piss me off:dead: .And I know you were being helpful, but to me when someone repeats what I say, it's like if I don't understand what I say. So why not just answer the question instead:confused: .
bubsy how long have u been on this board just wondering..... besides i used the quote function and its there for because u dont need to type what the other user has written again and it also serves another purpose as well ..... we can use that method to answer that particular question which some has asked and that others would be able to know that ... i hope i cleared your confusion

overall no biggie...
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top