Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so here's the deal.. When I talk to a master, the game freezes. Animations are still played, like if the master is moving (Like Mygas or Bunyan), but I can't do anything and the text messages don't appear. ePSXe doesn't crash, I can press escape, then resume the game and everything, but the game will remain frozen.

My computer is:
Processor: AMD Athlon XP 2400+
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce 5700 (Manufactued by Asus, I think)

I use these plugins:
(ePSXe version 1.6.0)
Pete's Open GL driver 1.75
Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41
ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2

I've tried to play around with the plugins, trying other ones and such, but it's no use. I've tried using the original CD, which worked with my old (now broken) PSX. I've tried using a .nrg (Nero Image) file, both using Daemon Tools (Virtual CD Drive) or by running the ISO through ePSXe. No use.

The thing is.. I'm pretty sure I could talk to Mygas in the beginning of the game, but I didn't accept his offer (didn't want to give him all my Z). Also, I'm 100% sure I talked to D'Lonzo a while ago, and it worked. I didn't have the 15 weapons required to be her apprentice, though, so maybe that's why it worked? Anyways, this is pretty annoying.. Help, anyone?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Don't know if it might work, but there are ppf patches available for this game. You should try them, maybe it will let you continue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Didn't help, but thanks anyway..

I noticed a few scratches in the disk. It's been a few years since I played it on the PSX, so maybe it's the cd? I made an image of the cd using CloneCD, and it didn't complain about any read errors, though.

Hm. I guess I'll have to do without the masters.

EDIT:
Hm, this is weird. It works now! I could talk to the weird fish guy near Rhapala and Mygas so far, and I couldn't before!
This is annoying too.. I want to know why it didn't work before! =þ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts