Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Read Only
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I didn't know which section to post this in, News Submissions or Screenshots, so move it if you feel it belongs in the Screenshot section more. :lol:

For any of you who remember Breath of Fire II on the SNES/GBA, a few years ago a German programmer, d4s, re-translated the SNES game from Japanese into German. Fast forward a few years and another author, Ryusui, joined him to translate the game into English. Well about a week ago the patch was released.

Slightly offtopic edit: If you'd prefer the German version, which was released 2 years ago, here it is: http://www.zophar.net/translations/snes/german/breath-of-fire-ii.html

Edit 2: The original source that I found the release news from[I typed this post by myself, but I figured I'd give a nod to Zophar's forum]: http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10889

Watercrown Productions Home Page - Breath of Fire 2 English Retranslation Project

Get it here: Breath of Fire II - SNES Translation in English - Zophar's Domain

· Read Only
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The original SNES translation is terrible, and Capcom just used the same script on the GBA version, as far as I remember. Plus, this has the same feature that the GBA version added: running with B. So there's no point playing the GBA version now.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
I didn't know which section to post this in, News Submissions or Screenshots, so move it if you feel it belongs in the Screenshot section more. :lol:

For any of you who remember Breath of Fire II on the SNES/GBA, a few years ago a German programmer, d4s, re-translated the SNES game from Japanese into German. Fast forward a few years and another author, Ryusui, joined him to translate the game into English. Well about a week ago the patch was released.

Slightly offtopic edit: If you'd prefer the German version, which was released 2 years ago, here it is: Breath of Fire II - SNES Translation in German - Zophar's Domain

Edit 2: The original source that I found the release news from[I typed this post by myself, but I figured I'd give a nod to Zophar's forum]: Breath of Fire II retranslation completed - Zophar's Message Domain

Watercrown Productions Home Page - Breath of Fire 2 English Retranslation Project

Get it here: Breath of Fire II - SNES Translation in English - Zophar's Domain

uh, then why the hell have i been playing breathe of fire 2 in enhlish for the past 6 months..... unless i've suddenly developed the ability to instantly convert japanese to english in my brain...

· soshin
3,378 Posts
uh, then why the hell have i been playing breathe of fire 2 in enhlish for the past 6 months..... unless i've suddenly developed the ability to instantly convert japanese to english in my brain...
:D There is an english translation for this game either for the SNES or GBA But it looks like some fans feel that the translation was badly done, so exist this re-translation patch

· Registered
668 Posts
The same with Leader Speed formation. Used to kill Adept and Berserker tons of times :D Still remeber the 6000 DMG with super combo and Wx Focus with Gaar... Btw somebody lied to me that Gaar too can transform into a greater beast like Rei and Ryu... :D Btw... have you played Pecco? I heard he became a monster if you play him a lot... howver I`ve never liked that potato bulb :D

· Read Only
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is emulation news, but not not as big as an emulator for example. Not many would have the means of playing this on the real hardware, so it generally does qualify for emulation news. Besides, Zophar put this news in their emulation news section as well, so.. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.