Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a problem with BOF 4 and I was wondering if anyone has played it through in ePSXe . . .

I reached a point where i cannot continue because the game hangs. When trying to cross the mudflats, resting freezes the game. The music for resting starts then gets cut off.

I got a memcard file that I can send which is immediately before the hang spot.

Any ideas or any takers?

thanks all

mossy

·
Registered
775 Posts
You know I had a problem almost like that, but its like this; In some points of the game where you enter towns or temples sometimes the game crashes, right. So this where I use the BOF 4 cheats that is included in the cheats folder. Now one time I loaded the cheat like 3 times and played the game, then I went back in to where I loaded the cheat and saw only 1 was left (remember I loaded the cheat 3 times), then I loaded another 2 and returned back to the game, then when suddenly when I got into battling a foe at that moment, the game got stuck where the character will motion in one place but not attack.
My solution for that is do not load to many cheats, but if your afraid that the game might crash, always save when your at that point of going or entering another town or place.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have encountered the fight-freeze bug but that one was easy to get around. I also had the town problems too and was able to work around them. This bug I have had just takes the cake!

If I can get past this point then I will be glad to get back to the game. I really enjoy it!

Thanks for the ideas!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Alright I checked out your memcard;

File-1
Time: 6:49
Is where your at the point of the smokey gas-ly town, you know where you met Ershin.

File-2
Time: 7:20
Is the Dam with mud slide, where a demo get's in, and the characters talk to a dam operator.

File-3
Time: 43:53
Is where the gang is at this island, and they need to find a path to reach the empire (figuring out the low tide and high tide)

Yeah so I checked them all and they work fine for me. No pauses at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the problem is the one where they are all on the coast. the one where they are all higher level ;)

If you can have them rest at that save point *and* get past it then I will be grateful. When I rest at that spot then ePSXe freezes.

thanks a ton!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts