Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hehehe, i know i need a lot of help :D but i would like to know what configs i should use to make it perfect because it run a little slow and the faces and stuff are REALLY badly made... plz tell me what i should use... ill post my configs...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Stuff and faces badly made?
I can't really imagine what is that problem...

btw, if you are thinking it runs a little slow, try to decrease the resolution and see if the framerate is better.

(and err, the pete dx6 is mostly suited for matrox cards, take the ogl or d3d dx7 plugin since these ones are suited for your card, especially the ogl one.)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I see, well it's a filtering problem.
Try every mode until you find one you like. (If you want to select none, it will be pixellisated, as it would be rendered in software mode. Try the scanlines too, you can make them brighter by adjusting the number, the lower the brighter)

bye

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Sure, no problem.

There are 6 filtering modes in the latest pete's hardware plugins,
although the first one specifies no filtering (rendered as if it was on a real playstation), but on a monitor screen it looks kind of bad instead of a TV;
the last two are specially made for people who were complaining about 2d background tiling w/ filtering in FF9 or Chrono Cross for example (like I was ;)
).
Try all the filtering modes until you find one is suitable for you.

IF you really don't like the way it's filtered (as you said, this looks odd on the character faces), U can try the scanlines to make your monitor as if it was a tv.
The previous pete's plugins didn't allow to make the scanlines brighter (it was very very dark, I played ff9 w/ it though, fyi ;) )
To check how black it was, just tick the "scanlines" box and put the value to 255.
You'll notice it's DARK :)
That's why you can now lower the darkness of the scanlines by lowering the number (170 is perfect here)

here it is.

Bye

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.