Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the end of BOF4 when you fight Fou-lu (after the castle part, where he's standing and talking to Ryu) the game goes into a battle and the battle doesn't appear.

The screeen starts to go into the "battle mode" and the sound continues but screen stays blank. I've tried some workarounds but changing the video and sound plugins dont work. Also loading the cheat file has no effect. The game's played fine so far, up to this point.

Oh yeah, I'm using savestates so I can't move to another emulator. (or can I?)

Help?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually im using an ISO

Whoops, I didnt post my specs:

pete's OGL renderer 1024*768 16bit
no sound plugin (but ive used them all with same effect)

a7v133
duron @933
radeon 32ddr

the f4 doesnt seem to do anything

I guess Im gonna have to restart the game all over....crap....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright heres what i've done:

I was able to salvage the save file, (I didnt know epsxe actually saves your memory card when you use a savestate.) and I played it on VGS 1.4.1 and still the same problem. I also tried it on epsxe on a different computer and STILL the same problem.

Could the ISO file be causing this? I found it kinda weird since it hasnt given me any problems up to this point.

The game goes into the battle "state", the music changes, the screen "washes" out (or whatever) but i dont get the battle screen. It doesnt appear to have crashed.

help?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm suddenly having a similar problem with Chrono Cross. I head onto the boat or leave a town, and the screen goes blank, and just hangs there. This isn't the teleporter thing, and F7 doesn't work for this at all.

It isn't a freeze, because I can hit <esc> and get back to the GUI without a problem. It just sits there with a black screen whether I use ISO or CD-ROM. The next scene appears to load, but nothing happens . . .

dammit. I just got to Disc 2.

Using Lewpy 1.32, both internal and null 1.2 plugin.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Didn't work. What did work, finally, was reloading the savestate, saving to a memcard, swearing off savestates, loading the game in a new session, and for good measure, switching to the somewhat inferior (for CC) but more consistent internal spu for further gameplay.

It must be a minor bug in savestates that makes them start to flake out after a while. It was close to the change in discs, which also might have affected it. I say "minor" because I used savestates at least a hundred times to this point without issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts