Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after ALL these months I finally have a discovered the perfect combination of plugins that will make MGS run perfectly!!!!

Emulator used FPSE 0.9 (yes, you hear me right FPSE)

Interpeter Mode ON (compiler mode will give heavy sound breakup)

Andy's SPU 0.12 (released today at http://www.psxfanatics.com/)
Use the IRQ option

Pete's 1.52 GPU (disable FPS calculation...its not needed)

pete's CDR 1.7 (use settings for your drive)

Abesouletly perfect (some slowdown beacuse of the Interpeter Mode...but still playable). Also the music runs at full speed, and the voices are synced properly. And all the text display correctly too.

wow, finally MGS bug free!

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1Ghz Athlon C
256MB Ram
Geforce2MX (detonator4)
10xDVD
windowsXP

I'm getting 59.0 FPS on average with the frame-limiter ON

I get a little bit of sound breakup everynow and then but it only tends to happen on heavy graphic scenes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Excellent, Man!!!!!!

You did the impossible, I guess.Your solution works perfect.Too bad the framebuffer effect sequences are slow..Oh well!!!

I've got a pentium 4 1.4 ghz if you want to know,and i get a usually constant 60 fps.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, you'll need a fast CPU...I suppose?
the lowest I spec computer I ran it on was a 800Mhz Laptop with a Duron Processor and an ATI rage Mobility. It still played & sounded good. Andy's spu 0.13 just came out, so there might be some more improvements, but I woun't know untill I get back home tonight.

·
Registered
168 Posts
glad to see that mgs very playable on fpse

but, the " I finally got MGS playing 100% PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!" surprised me. Isn't there is no perfect emulation ?

·
Kupo kupo?
93 Posts
hey, excuse ME. but it isn´t easy (easier? easiest? which one is right??)go and buy the PC version IF you want tto play the game that much than wasting time trying to configurate a game for several Months?

and yes, i LOVE emulation. but certain times not everything can be emulated. and we must choose the easy way

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
sometimes its not just the game that's rewarding... tinkering with configs for an enumerable amount of time and producing great results could be just as well... (please don't kill me:D)

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
:rockets: Are you kidding me, dude? I spent around 2 hour on each new PSX configuration for a game, then play the game for 10 minutes due to a lack of time. It's like saying that filling out tax forms are fun. (bad comparison, but you get the picture :D)

·
5,568 Posts
Originally posted by Gk1986
:rockets: Are you kidding me, dude? I spent around 2 hour on each new PSX configuration for a game, then play the game for 10 minutes due to a lack of time. It's like saying that filling out tax forms are fun. (bad comparison, but you get the picture :D)
well, you only have to configure it once... ehehe:p well like you said, I'm more patient than you are.. BWHAHAAHA!! ehe:D:D:D

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
anou....i don't understand all the fuss about this. CVGS always got it right, but at low resolutions the game is a bit blocky.

btw, Xeven, MGS2's available in Raon, Quiapo now. :D

·
5,568 Posts
Originally posted by Shiori Fujisaki
anou....i don't understand all the fuss about this. CVGS always got it right, but at low resolutions the game is a bit blocky.

btw, Xeven, MGS2's available in Raon, Quiapo now. :D
WAAAAT!?! i just told you guys i can't sleep... now, i won't have to sleep for a month... nyahahaha! nextstop.. Raon! :D:D:D

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Do you know where Raon is, anyway? :p

Well, enjoy playing, Xeven. I'm happy for you, and at the same time jealous. :D Ill get me a PS2 someday, maybe when it hits 14t. :D

·
5,568 Posts
sure I know where Raon is, I use to buy crapload of electronic parts from there.. when I wuz still studying.. ehehe...

14t? you won't have to wait long, maybe a couple more months:D..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts