Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been spending a lot of time trying to get a working NAND dump from the original BootMii NAND dump.

I'm still not sure my dump works, but at least Dolphin boots the Wii OS. However no channels appear, but it seems that that is normal as many other people report the same problem.

The reason I have been trying this is that I wanted to play Brawl+, which requires being launched through the Gecko application. However it gave me the error "IOS36 not detected" and so could not launch the game. I thought that dumping my Wii's file system would get this working, but this still does not work.

If anyone wants to try it out to check if it does the same for them, all you have to do is download Gecko here and then ask dolphin to launch the boot.elf file. Then once the Gecko menu loads, change disc and choose the SSBB image, then press Launch Game.

At this point, for me Gecko complains "This Game Requires IOS 36, IOS Not Found on Disc". If you've got five minutes and have Brawl, I'd appreciate it if you could check if the same error happens to you!

Thanks.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
IOS36 refers to Custom IOS36 (CIOS36) which is installed on the Wii as a hidden channel. Since channels don't currently work in Dolphin, Brawl+ is unable to detect CIOS36.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah... that's strange though, I don't remember ever installing any CIOS on my Wii, but then maybe it just got installed somehow. But I thought the IOS36 was relevant to Brawl because it had to do with the Dual Layer support.

Why is it then that Gecko requires IOS36 to run Brawl but not other games? And doesn't the Wii require IOS36 to boot Brawl anyway?

Anyway yeah I guess it's CIOS36 not just the usual IOS36, but I'm just a bit puzzled as to why this is so - Gecko doesn't require any CIOS at all as far as I know for most other games...

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
379 Posts
There wouldn't happen to be any other way to load Brawl+ or other gecko os codes, would there? They don't work with Dolphin's built-in action replay cheat manager, correct?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.