Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Happens on the REAL disc, an iso image, a ccd image, a mounted mdf image...

I'm playing the game (dunno exactly what triggers it) and suddenly I get an OPCODE UNK crash message....specifically...

"Opcode 3f UNK (PC 00057ffc) (211812,109)"
(taken verbatim from the error box)

:cuss2:

I've tried switching settings like mad, but to no avail. The crash inevitably happens, and it's not possible to make it very far in the game....

I don't see anyone else having this problem so... wtf? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

my settings:

ePSXe 1.6.0
Windows XP Pro SP1
128mb nVidia Geforce 5600 (non-FC, standard)
AMD XP 2700+
768mb RAM
1x 7200rpm 160gb (WD Internal)
1x 7200rpm 60gb (Hitachi Internal)
1x 7200rpm 180gb (WD External)
1x Memorex 52x CDRW drive
1x Sony DVD drive
Video plug=Pete's OpenGL 2.6 (tried tons of setting combos, same prob)
sound plug=Eternal SPU 1.30
cd plug=epsxe cd core WINNT
SCPH-1001 bios

**Settings for Pete's OpenGL 2.6
800x600x32 FS, Internal X:1, Internal Y:2, Texfil 6, Hires 2, Use pixel shaders on, auto vram on, fps limit on, auto get fps limit on, frameskip on, OSD:2, FramebufferFX:3, FramebufferUL:2, Screen filter on, shaderFX:1, ShaderLevel:2, MDEC filter on **

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
I'd think it's a cd plugin problem, but as you tried the ISO, that isn't it. Try with ePSXe 1.5.2, and also using pete's opengl 1.75.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
if you're going to keep using the CD, then i suggest you use either Peops (best), or Sapu's or Xeven's (easy, autoconfiguring). also, upgrade your Eternal SPU...you're a bit out of date.

try using Peops soft plugin (GPU) to pass that part where it gets stuck, opcodes are occasionally caused by graphics plugins. also, you can try PSXeven too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I tried updating all my plugins, still no luck. Using new iso images, running from cd... no improvement.

Swapped to the older OpenGL1 plugin, same issue. Software plugin produces the same problem as well!!! Yrrrgh.

Using 1.5.2, i get a NEW opcode crash to the terminal window... 3F UNK (PC 00057ffc) (187104,130)

I can just go play it on my real unit, but there's something about actually finding a non-working game in epsxe (I have played a ton and this is the first) that's making me somewhat enthused about finding a solution.

I wonder if I fuXored a savestate somewhere in my efforts to isolate the problem? Gonna go back and load up a physical save from my dexdrive, see if that changes anything.

**related question, whenever I try to use any of Pete's D3D plugins, epsxe refuses to load, so i haven't had a chance to use them lately. One day the D3D plugs just stopped working. Any idea why?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Heard it before. I think installing a different driver set for your graphic card might help.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
the save state could do it. load off a memory card save.

failing that...did you try PSXeven?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts