Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we all know,the Windows Command Prompt (CMD) has the "xcopy" function.What I want to do is to copy my ENTIRE HDD on my EXTERNAL USB HDD using the "xcopy" function in the CMD.But since there are MANY WINDOWS files that are protected,they cannot be copied either from Normal Mode or Safe Mode with Command Prompt.I tryed using the Recovery Console by booting in the Windows XP CD-ROM disc,but it again uses my drive C: what is EXACTLY I DO NOT WANT TO.And it also doesn't have the "xcopy" function.

So I was just wondering IS THERE A WAY to have the CMD on the CD and then boot directly on that CD and use the CMD directly from the CD so that my HDD is not in use at all???

If anyone knows how to do this,please tell me how,because I really need to do this.

· Premium Member
19,572 Posts
Wait... what exactly do you want to do? copy all the files or just a image of your hdd??? because if that´s the case you are going to need other tools other than Xcopy. there´s a tool that can be burned on a CD or a usb stick then you can boot from it and it allows you to copy everything or create a image of your hdd. the app am talking about is Acronis True image. Acronis have awesome hdd tools just in case ;)

· Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just want to COPY ALL THE FILES.I do NOT want an image.So how can I boot into CMD directly from the CD so that my HDD is not in use at all?
I would like NOT to use that Acronis software if it's possible...
I was using DriveClone Pro version 5.0 for a long time,but I would like just to copy ALL files from my HDD using CMD from CD if it's possible......

· Banned
35,081 Posts
use bartpe and stop trying to do things the stupid way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.