Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does Breath of Fire 4 use CDDA sound?

Right at the begining of the game, like VERY begining after the scene changes to the sand filier (or whatever that is) coming over the desert my sound quits. The game still rubs perfectly, but not an ounce of sound

(BTW whatever option that was for BoF 4 in the cdrom menu *is* checked and Im using the scph7502 bios)

M

·
0 Posts
I have kind of the same problem,
the game works perfectly (except for a single graphic anomaly nearly at the beginning of the game), but for one thing. The sound for some things only gives me the first half second or so, then it cuts out. This is during the dragon transformation (the screaming ;) and a few places where longer samples are played (like the song at the end)

It could be my configuration, but games like FF9 with long songs in them work fine (although those come from the MDECs now that I think of it).

The end of bof4 isn't an MDEC though. If I don't make sense, then sorry, but if someone can thing of anything, let me know.

Mortu ([email protected])

M

·
0 Posts
Note that this was with BOF4 PAL version and I've tried a wide
variety of SPU plugins, none of which showed any difference (apart from
the ones that didn't work at all, of course ;)

Mortu

·
Emu author
1,488 Posts
BoF4 has no CDDA audio. Iori's SPU (and presumably Eternal SPU) should play all the ADPCM music in the game fine. The broken sound clips, as well as a couple streamed musical pieces that won't work, are CDXA audio, and ePSXe has incomplete CDXA audio emulation. If you really want to hear them use PSMPlay to play the XA tracks.

- Exophase

1 - 5 of 5 Posts