- Added support for VR bit in VDP register 8
- Added 35 new machine configurations
- Added 23 new cheats
- Updated support for NoWind USB Diskroms
- Fixed SVI M1 Wait state
- Fixed ColecoVision Keyboard read error
- Fixed ColceoVision PSG noise bug
- Fixed DirectX initialization bug
- Fixed V9958 Scroll masking bug in Screen 4 (introduced in 2.8)
- Fixed Screen 2 scroll bug
- Fixed R15 PSG register read
- Fixed bug in VDP line engine
- Fixed bug in obsonet write method
- Fixed bug in Harryfox rom mapper
- Fixed bug in Crossblaim rom mapper
- Fixed bug in Korean bootleg rom mapper
- Made bluemsxlite compile on OSX
- Fixed bug in Arkanoid Pad emulation
- Fixed addressing bug in R-Type mapper
- Fixed x/y flags on scf/ccf
- Fixed instructions ld a,i or ld a,r to handle interrupts correclty
once again an opportunity to get to know the platform that Metal Gear originated on ;)

I know this is an old system, but I've seen people submitting news about NES and SNES emulators, so I figured it'd be ok.

·
Super Moderator
5,478 Posts
Ewww... That's why I never put MSX emulator in here.. I hate this console.. very ugly graphic games.

Anyway, please put changelog in:

[*quote][/quote] without a star

It will be better looking. :)

·
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 龍我雷 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
1,377 Posts
Ewww... That's why I never put MSX emulator in here.. I hate this console.. very ugly graphic games.
Huh, did you play Metal Gear Solid 2 for MSX2 +AWESOME+, The Castle, Castle Excellent, Kings Valley II, Nemesis series a.k.a Gradius.. if you didn't you missed a lot.. :p

I think me and Samor are the only 2 that loves MSX here..

Edit: Thanks for the news btw :)

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
The MSX had way superior graphics to the NES and SMS actually, especially if you compare the Metal Gear versions. I never had one, but judging on Samor's stories, I certainly shouldn't underestimate it's gaming powers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The MSX had way superior graphics to the NES and SMS actually, especially if you compare the Metal Gear versions. I never had one, but judging on Samor's stories, I certainly shouldn't underestimate it's gaming powers.
I'am a MSX fan too, it was for the time a very cool gaming system, but no.. the SMS had mutch better graphics than the MSX.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Cid means MSX2.
MSX2 looked better (# of colours) than a NES but was more limited in scrolling capabilities.

I think both SMS and MSX2 looked better than the NES,
but when pitting the SMS against the MSX2 ... hm, I'm not so sure then.

Aleste (Power Strike) and Psycho World (Psychic World) look better on MSX2, but on the other hand, I don't think an MSX2 would be able to do a game like the SMS version of Moonwalker or Sonic the Hedgehog very well.

In short: MSX2 had a pretty picture, but was bad at making it move.
Example: Metal Gear 1 and 2 work well, because they have static screens. Vampire Killer (Castlevania) and Contra were changed to have switching screens instead of scrolling as well. However, it IS possible to get an MSX2 to scroll smoothly. It just requires some trickery, which was sadly hardly used by developers at the time.

As for MSX1, that looks worse than a NES, admittedly.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Ah I see, thanks for the info :)

And yes, NES doesn't look that impressive, it did have great games though. Some of the later and more advanced games look quite a bit better though. Kirby's Adventure being the most impressive I've seen, looking better than some early Snes games.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.